1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 4:04 PM by IsakTen

Cant sign documents digitally although did all required procedures

el_cid122

Hello,

I am using adobe acrobat 11 in trial version and all the extended reader functions are enabled. I have also added the certificate in trusted certificates list in both adobe acrobat and windows certificate stotre. I want sign the certificate in two signature fields. Whenever I click signature field the program doesn't respond and at the same time none 'work with certificate' options are enabled for use.

I need to fill the form for government purposes in india. need help desperately.

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Cant sign documents digitally although did all required procedures
          IsakTen Level 4

1. You're using wrong terminology. You do not sign a certificate. You sign a document using a certificate with private key. Signature field is a placeholder for the signature.

2. Do you have a certificate with a private key? If you do how have you procured it? Have you gotten it from a Certificate Authority or have you created a self-signed certificate? In either case you need to add your certificate to Digital IDs.In Acrobat XI it is in Edit->Preferences->Signatures->Identities and Trusted Certificates->More->Digital IDs. You can also add a Digital ID from the "Sign" dialog.

3. If you procured your certificate from a Certificate Authority you need to add the Certificate Authority's root to Trusted Identities. If you created a self-signed certificate you need to add it itself to Trusted Identities.

4. If you want to use Windows Certificate Store, check if "Windows Integration" is enabled in Edit->Preferences->Signatures->Verification->More.