18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2007 10:19 AM by susie19greece

** Can someone please help me ?**

miscampbell
      Hi all

I have made my Director file, however, the file works fine inside of director, however, when I published the file to the internet or try to view it using the flash projector viewer it gives an error message. Please help as I am a beginner in using Lingo and struggling a lot.

I have uploaded all the files to a webserver all the files begin with: OceanHunt
      Please use this link to go to the webserver: OceanHunt Webserver

Thank you any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Michael
        • 1. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
          Level 7
          If you are talking about oceanHunt, then it doesn't work in authoring
          either. When you hit the Go button, it crashes because there is no
          global list for gvPlayer, and it tries to add the new player to that
          nonexistent list.

It looks like in startMovie, it makes the highscore lists, and this is
          part of it. Since both of those values are void (since I have never
          played the game), it does not add the globals at all. You need to add
          some code where I indicated to create the globals and/or write the prefs
          to the hard drive.

if lvLoadHighPlayer = void OR lvLoadHighScore = void then
          --SOMETHING SHOULD BE HERE
          else
          gvPlayer = value(lvLoadHighPlayer)
          gvScore = value(lvLoadHighScore)
          end if
          • 2. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
            susie19greece
            help me please I'm making a project at uni on pacman but its on the director what I need is when pac man leaves the stage he shoud appear on the other side in the exact spot. if anybody can help me please do I'm stuck and on Thursday I must show part 1 of the project
            • 3. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
              Level 7
              Just move the sprite of pacman to the other side. You can test the locH
              of the sprite, and when it gets to the right side, the locH will be
              something around the width of your stage. At that point, set it to 0
              (or a negative number if you want it to come onto the screen from beyond
              the edge. Do the same in reverse for the left side (when the locH is
              zero, then set it to a little higher than the width of the stage).
              • 4. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                Chunick Level 3
                check this site out... it'll be a lot of help:
                http://www.jmckell.com/
                • 5. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                  susie19greece Level 1
                  can you write it down as code. my english is not so good this is what i came up . I show you for right move

on rightmove
                  sprite(1).loc=sprite(1).loc + point(10,0)
                  sprite(1).rotation=0
                  sprite(1).rotation=0
                  if sprite(1).member=member(1,1) then
                  sprite(1).member=member(9,9) -- fliped face--i tried flipH but it did not work
                  else
                  sprite(1).member=member(1,1)
                  end if
                  if sprite(1).loc=point(800,j) then --dont know what j should be
                  sprite(1).loc= point(0,j)
                  end if
                  end
                  • 6. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                    Level 7
                    Don't test for the loc. Test for the LocH (horizontal location only.

if sprite(1).locH>=800
                    sprite(1).locH=0
                    end if

Then do the same thing for if it is less than or equal to zero to move
                    it to the other side
                    • 7. ** Can someone please help me ?**
                      susie19greece Level 1
                      thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you You were right . I fixed the code so that it would go up,down,left and right. I was close though. that makes me happy. you see we have a lesson called multimedia programming. in the lab we did the first 2 lessons 3d studio max and now we did the first lesson on director. we haven't even started to learn the program and we began with lingo! Im trying by myself to learn the program. bits of the code the teacher gave us the rest we must do on our own!
                      thank you so much again!
                      • 8. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                        susie19greece Level 1
                        1 last question! i have a spite member and i want to flip it using lingo. I know I must use the command flipV since i want to flip it verticly but I dont know the syntax. th sprite i want to flip is spite(1).member
                        i wrote spite(1).member=spite(1).flipV but it didn't work what am i doing wrong???
                        • 9. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                          Level 7
                          flipV is a SPRITE property, not a member command. It acts on a sprite,
                          not a member. The member stays the same. Only the sprite on stage
                          changes. It is a boolean (True/False) property. Set it like this:

sprite(1).flipV=TRUE
                          • 10. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                            susie19greece Level 1
                            it didnt work!!! here is an example . I hope you can help me.
                            I was to present today but i asked to present it tomorrow morning please help me

on rightmove
                            sprite(1).rotation=0
                            sprite(1).rotation=0
                            sprite(2).flipH=1
                            else
                            end if
                            if sprite(1).locH>=800 then
                            sprite(1).locH=0
                            end if
                            end

what am I doing wrong? i have tried writing and true/false and 1/0 but nothing!!
                            • 11. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                              susie19greece Level 1
                              my first cast member is pacman with hes mouth close while my 2nd cast member pac-man with mouse open. I want to change member 2. who is sprite 1 on the score
                              • 12. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                                Level 7
                                To change the member of a sprite to the second member in the 1st cast,
                                do this:

sprite(1).member=member(2,1)
                                • 13. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                                  susie19greece Level 1
                                  But what does this have to do with flipH? I dont understand!! i want to chage my second cast member. I want to flip him over so that when Im moving first it will show the closed mouth(cast1), then the open mouth (cast2) fliped. etc etc Where does sprite(1).member=member(2,1) go exactly.??
                                  • 14. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                                    Level 7
                                    You would put that wherever you want in the code. Wherever you want the
                                    sprite to change to member 2. You would use the flipH whenever you want
                                    to flip the sprite and make it face the other direction. I don't really
                                    understand what your are trying to do. What is flipping exactly? why
                                    do you have 2 sprites with pacman? Normally, there would be one sprite
                                    with pacman, and you would change it's member whenever you want the
                                    mouth to open or close, and you could use flipH and flipV to make it
                                    appear to be going left, right, up, or down.

Better still would be to make a film loop of pacman with his mouth
                                    opening or closing. That way you wouldnt need to worry about that
                                    animation, it would be done automatically. Then all you need to worry
                                    about is making sure he faces the direction that he should be.

The easiest way would be to make 4 film loops- one facing each
                                    direction. Name them sensibly, like "pacman-Left", "pacman-Up", etc.
                                    Then, in your RightMove script, you could just say something like

on rightMove
                                    sprite(1).member="pacman-Right"
                                    ...etc...
                                    end

on leftMove
                                    sprite(1).member="pacman-Left"
                                    ...etc
                                    end
                                    • 15. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                                      susie19greece Level 1
                                      I have 2 pictures.one with pac-mans mouth closed and 1 with he's mouth open.
                                      the mouth is supposed to open-close-open-close-open close etc etc.. while moving.my open mouth is facing the left side and i want with lingo to have the face turn the otherside facing the right. my problem is what do I right here to complete the open-close-open close.... so that it will work.I've tried everything you have sent me thats why I wrote the positions of my cast members to make sure I wasn''t writing wrong things. look at this code please. I cant do whatever I feel like.

on rightmove
                                      sprite(1).rotation=0
                                      sprite(1).rotation=0
                                      sprite(2).flipH=1 < -- HERE what do I write
                                      else
                                      end if
                                      if sprite(1).locH>=800 then
                                      sprite(1).locH=0
                                      end if
                                      end
                                      • 16. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                                        susie19greece Level 1
                                        http://rapidshare.com/files/30616231/pacman2.dir.html
                                        i have put my project in rapidshare. if you are not bored too download 100kb have a look
                                        • 17. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                                          susie19greece Level 1
                                          never mind I found it!!!! thanks anyways
                                          • 18. Re: ** Can someone please help me ?**
                                            susie19greece Level 1
                                            please help me.
                                            im trying to switch camera views with the press of a button how is this done?
                                            e.g. a =close up , s=further away. my cameras names are "close" and "far". Im working with a shockwave item.
                                            thank you in advance.