2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2007 12:26 PM by treble101

Default Optimze Settings

treble101 Level 1
      Hi,

I made some custom 'Optimize' settings by saving the settings (JPEG/Quality 45). When I open another document the Optimize Panel changes to the original settings again (Quality 79). Is it possible to change this behavior so that it keeps the previous selected settings.

In that same panel I see that 'Export Defaults' is checked, but greyed out. Is it possible to change the Export Defaults somewhere to my custom settings?

In Photoshop when you save for the Web it has the previously used settings as the default. That is the behavior I am looking for.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: Default Optimze Settings
          Level 7
          treble101 wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I made some custom 'Optimize' settings by saving the settings (JPEG/Quality
          > 45). When I open another document the Optimize Panel changes to the original
          > settings again (Quality 79). Is it possible to change this behavior so that it
          > keeps the previous selected settings.
          >
          > In that same panel I see that 'Export Defaults' is checked, but greyed out.
          > Is it possible to change the Export Defaults somewhere to my custom settings?
          >
          > In Photoshop when you save for the Web it has the previously used settings as
          > the default. That is the behavior I am looking for.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          You can probably do a custom command for it, but you'd still have to
          initiate it.

--
          Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
          Extending Knowledge, Daily
          http://www.communityMX.com/
          CommunityMX - Free Resources:
          http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
          ---
          .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Default Optimze Settings
            treble101 Level 1
            Thanks, yes, that's what I ended up doing, incl. assigning a keyboard shortcut to it.