2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2006 2:50 PM by Newsgroup_User

Loading JPGs into multiple movie clips

Level 7
      I did the Flash part of http://www.gcstulsa.com/
      I want to load the images with actionscript.
      How do I fade in mc1, leave it on for 20 frames, then fade out WHILE fading
      in mc2?

Please help. I can't figure it out.

• 1. Re: Loading JPGs into multiple movie clips
          ufitzi Level 1
          you need to handle 2 things.
          One, have a timeline that contains your 2 movie clips.
          Two, use actionscript to load movies into the two MCs, and AS to test when the image is completly loaded. You will need to use events such as onLoadComplete, so you KNOW the image is loaded and ready to be "tweened in." Depending on the version you are exporting to, it might be easier to utililze the Tween classes (Tween, Transition, etc.) This allows you to create the Tween on the fly, instead of trying to control a timeline with "hard-coded" tweens.
          Creating a movie like the one you did dynamically isn't easy, but if you have the logic down for when to start a tween, that basically covers it.
          COnsider using Boolean variables to track whether mc1/mc2 is loaded or not. That's the other thing, you don't want to start tweening mc2 until mc1 has finished. SO, you could load BOTH images, but only have one tween at a time. Then start the next one once 1 is complete.
          • 2. Re: Loading JPGs into multiple movie clips
            Level 7
            Thank you.
            This gives me something to work for. I appreciate the guidance.
            It makes sense.

"ufitzi" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ebfmh0$36m$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > you need to handle 2 things.
            > One, have a timeline that contains your 2 movie clips.
            > Two, use actionscript to load movies into the two MCs, and AS to test when
            > the
            > image is completly loaded. You will need to use events such as
            > onLoadComplete,
            > so you KNOW the image is loaded and ready to be "tweened in." Depending
            > on the
            > version you are exporting to, it might be easier to utililze the Tween
            > classes
            > (Tween, Transition, etc.) This allows you to create the Tween on the fly,
            > instead of trying to control a timeline with "hard-coded" tweens.
            > Creating a movie like the one you did dynamically isn't easy, but if you
            > have
            > the logic down for when to start a tween, that basically covers it.
            > COnsider using Boolean variables to track whether mc1/mc2 is loaded or
            > not.
            > That's the other thing, you don't want to start tweening mc2 until mc1 has
            > finished. SO, you could load BOTH images, but only have one tween at a
            > time.
            > Then start the next one once 1 is complete.
            >