2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2007 12:30 PM by treble101

History Steps Description

treble101
      Is it possible to view a more detailed description of the different steps in the 'History' panel?

For example, Auto Levels and an Unsharp Mask both get the same description in the History (Filter Image). Also, each custom saved commands just shows up as 'Command Script'. Sometimes I am not sure if I have applied something to an image already, and the History is not really a help then.

In Photoshop/ImageReady there is a more informative description, like 'Unsharp Mask' and 'Auto Levels' if you have done those...

The same goes for saved commands. I might have saved a combination of steps to a custom command, but after it is saved I cannot see excactly what I did (unlike saved 'Actions' in PS).

THanks,
        • 1. Re: History Steps Description
          Level 7
          treble101 wrote:

> Is it possible to view a more detailed description of the different steps in
          > the 'History' panel?

What you see is what you get.

> In Photoshop/ImageReady there is a more informative description, like 'Unsharp
          > Mask' and 'Auto Levels' if you have done those...

When you stop comparing Fireworks to PS/Image Ready, you'll be able to
          learn the program faster.

> The same goes for saved commands. I might have saved a combination of steps
          > to a custom command, but after it is saved I cannot see excactly what I did
          > (unlike saved 'Actions' in PS).

If you can read JavaScript, you can open the custom command you saved in
          Dreamweaver and learn exactly what you did. Fireworks custom commands
          are not the same thing as Photoshop actions.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: History Steps Description
            treble101 Level 1
            Yes, yes, I heard you before when you said I should have a 'fresh start' with FW. :-)

But maybe some Fireworks developers are listening in to this forum, and might use some features of their friends across the hall to use in Fireworks as well.

Once you are used to having more information for each step in the history panel, it is harder to adjust to it when it is gone...