• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with AdobeConnect on Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two machine with Windows 8.1 with the April update and AdobeConnect is terrible on both.  One is a Dell laptop and the other is a Surface Pro.  I always have one or more of the following problems:

1. Very laggy.  When I switch slides it takes a long time to update on my screen.  It updates instantly on other screens.
  2. Chat doesn't update
  3. AdobeConnect crashes
  4. Screen share locks and I can't share again until I exit and get back into the session

I do not have any problems when I use my Windows 7 laptop using the same network cable and the same sessions.  Are there settings or systems in Windows 8.1 that interfere with AdobeConnect?  I have spoken to others who have similar problems.  Any guidance would be very much appreciated.  I have enabled logging and have several trace files which I will gladly forward.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience today!!  I never had problems with Windows 7, but with Windows 8.1

1. AdobeConnect crashes
  2. Screen share locks and I can't share again until I exit and get back into the session.

Any known issues with Windows 8.1?  Any solutions?

I'd be very grateful for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues. I wanted to add my two cents here in case numbers are needed for someone to look at this, I had a working Win 7 setup, however I have huges challenges with 8.1 on a Surface Pro 3.

The problems include freezing of the shared screen, black screen shared instead of PowerPoint presentation, crashing of the Adobe Connect plug in.

I have reinstalled Flash, removed and reinstalled the Adobe Connect plugin, none of this has helped leading myself to believe that software corruption had nothing to do with it.

I need to use a Surface as I need to write on the screen for Virtual training we do. I have noticed other threads on this however no solution out there - http://www.connectusers.com/forums/post/30291/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Connect 9.3? Has this made a difference?

Have you contacted Adobe Support directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support via chat and they said a fix for Windows 8.1 should come out late January or early February.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you tw27603 for reporting the news. I am eagerly waiting for this update, since the current plugin is unuseable on 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news of progress with Windows 8.1 and Connect? We're seeing more instructors (Connect meeting hosts) moving to Windows 8.1 and with that, we're seeing more frozen screen shares and camera feeds and more broken recordings with missing audio and camera video when those elements were present/working during the live meeting.

We're running Connect 9.2.2 but I've installed 9.3.1 and 9.4.1 in test environments and have seen the same issues there. People on this forum have asked about it as have users at Adobe Connect User Community‌. There was talk of it being fixed in the next release of the Connect add-in but I haven't seen an ETA on that add-in's release.

We've had 10 years of high reliability/stability with our on-prem Connect installation before Windows 8. Now, with Windows 8, we have very little stability/reliability.

Thanks.

--Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I have exactly the same issue: Adobe connect randomly crashes under 8.1 whereas it works fine in 7. I use it on a laptop with 8.1 where I installed Firefox and Opera. Whatever the browser I run Adobe from, I get the same issue. After a few 10 minutes of sharing, then suddenly it crashes. I need to close Connect and restart it again to be able to share again.

Furthermore, there are some artifacts when sharing a screen or an app (part of window has crossed, unshared rectangle sections).

This is with Connect 9.3.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just closed a live chat with an AdobeConnect person.  Apparently they are working on fixes for Windows 8.1 that will come out late January or first week in February.  We will see.  Until then I will continue to use my Windows 7 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this has been fixed or if Support is aware of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I don't have a fix, I do have the same symptoms. I purchased two Dell notebooks at once about 5 months ago (Win 8.1) and they both exhibit the same problem. A third PC w/Win 7 has no problem.

Even after a reboot, the win 8 PCs start lagging soon after logging in again.

Adobe MUST know about this. Doesn't Adobe have people read this stuff and offer help? Or are we all left to complain and ask for help and be ignored by an arrogant company? Just sayin, eh!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to reach out to Adobe and get an aswer, Adobe Connect Support.

They should be able to help identify the issue and let you know if it is a bug and when it is expected to be resolved.

FWIW, I have been on Windows 8 for a few years and rarely experience any issues with Connect. So it isn't necessarily a consistant problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reached out to the link provided by you but it is not redirecting me to the exact URL and the issue is occurring with me related to the bug and the issue wasn't resolving, So I had contacted Windows Support for their help and they provided me step by step guide related to my problem and should say the solution provided by them was helpful they are working as a team to help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines