1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 3:10 PM by DdeGannes

Camera Profiles not being installed after adding .dcp files to a CameraProfiles folder.

Dwiz1993 Level 1

Hi fellas, recently I downloaded some camera profiles for my Nikon D7000 and Sony RX100MII and added to CameraProfiles folder which can be found under Application Support folder on my mac. However when I open my lightroom and go to Lens Correction those camera profiles would not show up in the option at all. I shoot with RAW, so I don't think format is the root of the issue here. This is my first time trying adding Camera Profiles so I might be making some very fundamental mistakes. I would appreciate any kind of advices, thank you very much.

• 1. Re: Camera Profiles not being installed after adding .dcp files to a CameraProfiles folder.
          DdeGannes Level 5

See the instruction below for the location where your profiles should be placed. If they are placed in the same folder where Lightroom install package places the profiles created by Adobe they will not be recognized.

Your custom Camera Raw & Lens Profiles should be installed to the User folders…

Lightroom 5 no longer uses the shared ProgramData (Windows) / Application Support (Mac) folders for Camera or Lens Profiles. Instead, it stores the built-in profiles with its program files.

When you create camera or lens profiles, they must be stored in the user locations listed below. If you previously stored custom profiles in other locations, you’ll need to move them to these user folders, otherwise Lightroom won’t be able to find them.

Windows—C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ CameraProfiles \

Mac—Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles /

For the lens profiles, substitute the LensProfiles folder for the CameraProfiles folder.

The camera and lens profile file extensions are:

.dcpr—camera profile recipe file used for creating/editing a profile in the DNG Profile Editor

.dcp—camera profile

.lcp—lens profile