5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 5:13 PM by A.T. Romano

how can I publish 2 small movies on 1 DVD RW disk

mikecogs

How can I publish 2 small movies on 1 DVD+RW disk?

• 2. Re: how can I publish 2 small movies on 1 DVD RW disk
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mikecogs

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is your intent - DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc, AVCHD format on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

Generalizing, you import the 2 small movies into one Premiere Elements project with a project preset to match the properties of your source media, and you burn that Timeline content to disc.The video file in the DVD-VIDEO format will contain both movies as one video represented in the VTS_01_01.VOB file in its VIDEO_TS Folder.

Rather, are you asking how to set up disc menu so that viewer can select which of the two Timeline placed movies to view?

We will be watching for your details to help us help you.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Does your burner support DVD+RW discs? Does Premiere Elements recognize your DVD burner in the Burner Location field of the burn dialog in the share area?

• 3. Re: how can I publish 2 small movies on 1 DVD RW disk
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mikecogs

Although it would be good to read what I wrote in the reference John just gave, I would prefer to customize an answer specific to your situation that you will be describing and detailing here in your own thread.

We will be looking forward to doing just that.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: how can I publish 2 small movies on 1 DVD RW disk
              mikecogs Level 1

Using Adobe premiere elements 12 on Windows 7.  I want to make a dvd with 2 movies so I can select to play either or both from the dvd menu.  I picked DVD+RW because I thought that would be the easiest.  Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: how can I publish 2 small movies on 1 DVD RW disk
                A.T. Romano Level 7

mikecogs

Thanks for the reply. Several ways to go..the basic way first.

If these are small movies and you do not want scene markers within in each movie.

a. Place Timeline menu markers as follows...

At the beginning of movie 1, place a scene marker. At the end of movie 1, place a stop marker.

Leave a few frames gap on the Timeline between the end of the first movie and the beginning of the second movie.

Then place a scene marker at the beginning of the second movie.

Under no conditions put a stop marker at the end of the second movie.

b. Movie Menu customization area...

. Main Menu Page..change the name of Scene selection button to My Movies

. Scene Selection Page.. Change the title of the Scene Selection page to My Movies, and give the two

thumbnails there an appropriate one or two word caption.

There is another scheme where we can have just a one page menu, the main menu, with your two movies represented

there as thumbnail with images or as text thumbnails. Please see my blog post for an overview on that.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe-adding-movie-thumbnails-to-disc-main.html

Please view, and we can fine tune the descriptions accordingly.

Thanks.

ATR