• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connection verification failed for data source

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to connect to a MS SQL2000 and a MYSQL server with CF11.

System WIN7, Apache32, bit CF11 32 bit, the error message is.

Connection verification failed for data source: picos

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia] [SequeLink JDBC driver] [ODBC socket] internal error: the data source name not found and no default driver specified

The root cause what that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia] [SequeLink JDBC driver] [ODBC socket] internal error: the data source name not found and no default driver specified

What can I do? Thank you for an answer.

friendly greetings

Jochen Vetter

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using ODBC to connect to MS SQL Server or MySQL?  Use the provided JDBC drivers - they are faster and more reliable than ODBC.  Consider ODBC a database connection method "of last resort" (i.e., only when a JDBC driver isn't available).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You certainly filled in incorrect values in the form on the datasource page of the Coldfusion Admnistrator. If the problem persists, make a printscreen of the values you fill in the form. We would be glad to discuss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation