3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2014 4:45 AM by Peter Spier

Adobe InDesign CC2014 has stopped working

wesowc

I subscribed 2 days ago to Adobe CC but am unable to work on InDesign without getting this response....

"Adobe InDesign CC2014 has stopped working... A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Close program"

Where is Adobe on this issue—any explanation?

• 1. Re: Adobe InDesign CC2014 has stopped working
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Does this happen during launch? If so you probably don't have permission to write to the preference folders (this is a bug in the installer). See Replace Your Preferences  for the locations of the two HIDDEN folders (you must show hidden folders in Explorer), then right-click on each folder, choose properties, go to the Security tab and be sure both System and your user have full control assigned.

If ID actually opens, we need more details about what you are doing when this message appears.

• 2. Re: Adobe InDesign CC2014 has stopped working
            wesowc Level 1

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

No, InDesign opens fine. I am trying to work on text which was programmed in paragraph styles. I can work on other pages with the same text but with certain pages I get this error and it closes. The font is Georgia 12 and it is placed inside an Object Style—also at the bottom of the page in size 11. I did click open the boxes on the sides.

Don’t know what you mean by permission to write to preference folders—I googled my error and followed the response—my 1st time ever so please excuse me.

Thank you, in advance.

Regards,

Wendy

• 3. Re: Adobe InDesign CC2014 has stopped working
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If you are able to open ID and do other work, the problem has nothing to do with permissions, so you may safely ignore all of that stuff.

This sounds like some sort of corruption in the style or specific text, ot perhaps a corrupt font (but that would probably cause a crash in ID at launch or whenever the font is used). Start with the technique out lined here: Remove minor corruption by exporting

If that does not work, see if you are able to export the problem story to InDesign Tagged Text (click the cursor anywhere in the story, but don't make a selection, then choose export from the file menu and tagged text from the type dropdown). Place the tagged text into a new frame, then use copy/paste to replace the original text.