6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 8:42 AM by Paul_B_GB

Where are Samsung NX Camera Color Profiles?

viking79 Level 1

I am looking for camera matching profiles for my Samsung NX 30?  All I see for profiles is Adobe Standard.  Does anyone know if NX profiles are available?  Considering Lightroom is included as standard with all NX cameras it would be nice to have matching color profiles.

Thanks,

Eric

• 1. Re: Where are Samsung NX Camera Color Profiles?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Most cameras only have Adobe Standard. 

Nikon and Canon DSLRs and some Fuji, Olympus and Sony cameras have more.

Specifically, looking in my ProgramData Adobe subfolders, there are approximately 465 cameras with Adobe Standard profiles and only 135 cameras with more profiles than that.

• 2. Re: Where are Samsung NX Camera Color Profiles?
            Paul_B_GB Level 1

I'm having a lot of trouble with adobe standard with my Samsung NX300mm in Lightroom (6).

Compared to the jpegs that come out of the camera (& other raw converters too) the low tones (& to a lessor extent the mid tones too) are too bright. The contrast ratio between the darks and highs is wrong. If I use the contrast slider to lower the low tones as much as they need then the high tones become far too bright. It looks aweful and wrong (even with -highlights).

I can only assume that adobe standard is wrong.

The only work around I've found is to go into the tone curve and do -15 or -20 darks on every photo instead of touching the contrast slider.

Such a shame only Adobe Standard is available.

Some of the colour tones are out too

• 3. Re: Where are Samsung NX Camera Color Profiles?
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If that seems to be a consistent workaround for you, make that adjustment on a newly imported image and adjust the colors to what they should be. Then, before doing anything else, save new camera defaults. Those defaults will now be applied automatically to any newly imported images. They can be applied to previously imported images by highlighting them and clicking on the Reset button.

• 4. Re: Where are Samsung NX Camera Color Profiles?
                Paul_B_GB Level 1

I've never seriously attempted colour correction before (either HSL or calibration). Its always looked a bit complicated. Ive tried and it seemed to cause more problems than it solved, lol. Mind you i found learning the other stuff in Lightroom hard too when I first started using it, so perhaps I should learn colour correction too.

Still puzzling why Adobe Standard can be so off though.

Thanks for the advice.

• 5. Re: Where are Samsung NX Camera Color Profiles?
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Personally, I find HSL adjustments very easy and helpful. I don't do a lot of calibration switching. But it's really easy to make those tone curve adjustments and any other changes that you feel should be applied to all images and then save new camera defaults. I have found in the past that it was necessary to do that. Once the defaults are set you don't have to worry about making those adjustments on "normal" images.

• 6. Re: Where are Samsung NX Camera Color Profiles?
                    Paul_B_GB Level 1

I'll have a go, lol. Ty