7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2016 1:04 PM by waynes32613090

Canon's Print Studio Pro into Photoshop CC 2014

dgbarar1

Hi,

I am attempting to install Canon's Print Studio Pro (PSP) into Photoshop CC 2014.  I have successfully installed into Lightroom.  The Canon installer reports that PSP was successfully installed into Photoshop CC 2014.  However, PSP is not an option under File/Automate.

Does anyone have thoughts as to how to properly install?

Cheers,

Don Barar

• 1. Re: Canon's Print Studio Pro into Photoshop CC 2014
          ScubaX

I had the same issue, but when I used the installer again from "Program Files\Canon\Print Studio Pro\Print Studio Pro Plug-In Install" on Windows, it found Photoshop CC and CC 64bit, but not CC 2014. So what I did was go into the plugins directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\ and copied the PSP folder and pasted it into the plugins folder of PS CC 2014. Worked like a charm.

• 2. Re: Canon's Print Studio Pro into Photoshop CC 2014
            Dylanacphotos

What if you only have 2014 on your pc? how would i hack that in.

• 3. Re: Canon's Print Studio Pro into Photoshop CC 2014
              Dyorr

dgbarar1 ScubaX Dylanacphotos
              Here is what worked for me. I have Windows 7 Pro x64, Photoshop CC 2014 x64 and latest Pixma Pro-1 drivers.

1. Close Photoshop.

2. Create subfolder Canon (or whatever) in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plug-ins\. Open that folder.

3. Go here: C:\Program Files\Canon\Print Studio Pro\
              4. Sort files by type. Select 30 files (and no folders), starting from Canon.Ptpc.Sdk.dll and to Starting.txt, and copy them to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plug-ins\Canon\. DO NOT copy actual plugin files from there.
              5. Then open subfolder C:\Program Files\Canon\Print Studio Pro\x64\, grab two plugin files from there (CNPSPP02.8bf and CNPSPP01.8li), and copy them to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plug-ins\Canon\

6. Run Photoshop. Now you have your Print Studio Pro in Photoshop's File → Automate menu, where it belongs. Remember, that Print Studio Pro works only with 8-bit RGB images.

Although, actually I don't see any immediate need to use CPSP, except that it shows true-to-life layout preview.

• 4. Re: Canon's Print Studio Pro into Photoshop CC 2014
                Dave Rosser Level 1

On my Windows 8.1 machine this did not work.  The plug-in appears in Automate menu, Print Studio Pro opens when selected but Photoshop then stops working and Windows shuts it down.  Same thing happens if you install by doctoring the PSETUP.INI file to add a reference to CC 2014, there is obviously something in the INSTFILES CNPSPP01.8LI and CNPSPP02.8BF that Windows 8.1 does not like

• 5. Re: Canon's Print Studio Pro into Photoshop CC 2014
                  Dave Rosser Level 1

Just checked the log and the photoshop crash was associated with module CNPSPP02.8bf.  Looks like Canon will have to produce a new version of that module for Photoshop CC 2014 on Windows 8.1

• 6. Re: Canon's Print Studio Pro into Photoshop CC 2014
                    Dyorr Level 1

Confirm that (I have laptop with 8.1Pro x64 and PS CC 2014 in addition to my work PC). And I dare to remind that Print Studio Pro is obviously compatible to Canon DPP, which is, of course, absolutely not Photoshop nor Lightroom, but I don't see any obstacles to print fully processed image from there... if Photoshop's own print dialog itself somehow can't satisfy you.

• 7. Re: Canon's Print Studio Pro into Photoshop CC 2014
                      waynes32613090 Level 1

I just got it to work. Photoshop CC 2015.5 and PrintStudioPro installer 210. Running the installer package didn't work. Going to Applications/Canon Utilities/Print Studio Pro/Plug-In Install also didn't work. But here's what did:

Go to "Applications/Canon Utilities/Print Studio Pro/Install Files" and copy the 3 folders in there

CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin

CS4

CS5

Now go to Applications/Photoshop CC/Plug-Ins and create a new folder called "PrintStudioPro". Paste the 3 copied folders into the new folder and launch Photoshop. PSP now showed up File-Automate, and it actually worked!

Good luck.

1 person found this helpful