12 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2015 5:31 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't get updates!

TotalPokemonIsland44

Okay, so I went to update Adobe Premiere Elements 11, and it said error code u41m1c212. I have windows 8, hp, and 1 wi-fi. Any way someone out there could help? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Can't get updates!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

totalpokemonisland44

What are you after in the way of updates for Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Except for Camera Raw, there are none.

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

Here are some answers to the question reported by others

http://psekb.blogspot.com/2013/03/error-u41m1c212-while-updating-adobe_22.html

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5330000

Please let us know if any of the above worked for you.

If not, we will think about this some more.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't get updates!
            Dale Mullen Level 1

The solutions which involve removing any MS adapters are useless when there are no MS adapters to remove. Are there any other solutions to the error U41M1C212 error when trying to update anything in a non-working Photoshop Elements 11?

• 3. Re: Can't get updates!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dale Mullen

If your program is Photoshop Elements 11, you have posted in the wrong forum? Some how your thread got posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing). But, I would like to give an answer before suggesting that you re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.

In view of what you wrote

when trying to update anything in a non-working Photoshop Elements 11?

Please verify what is the problem....what is not working?

a. Help Menu/Updates

and/or

b. Just opening the Photoshop Elements 11 Editor and/or its Elements Organizer 11.

From the nature of your error message U41M1C212, it appears that you are dealing with Help Menu/Updates in an opened project.

The only updates you are going to get for Photoshop Elements 11 is the Camera Raw update. There is no update for 11, like 11.1 or other.

Typically the Camera Raw update in this case is via the opened project's Help Menu/Updates. Classically, manual installation of Camera Raw Updates  is long since gone as a possibility.

But, see the following for how to do the online download of Camera Raw 8.1 (or even 8.2) and manually place it in Photoshop Elements 11.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11 and 12: Camera Raw Plug-In Version

If we cannot overcome the Help Menu/Updates error (assumed to be the matter), please see if the information in the link gets you the manual install of Camera Raw 8.1 (8.2) which is better than you could get going "by the book". Photoshop Elements 11 is said to have been shipped with Camera Raw 7.1 and the last available update  for 11 is 7.4.

From your report I see that the popular solution (re: Microsoft adapter in Network Adapters) for this particular issue did not work for you.

Are you trying to do this updating with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Please review and consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't get updates!
                Dale Mullen Level 1

Hello:

Thank you very much for the reply and information.
                Actually, I am experiencing exactly the same problems with Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 11 (I had to downgrade from version 13 when I learned that neither supported building my own slide show, as I was able to do in earlier versions).

As for what wasn't working in either application:

-both crashed and froze my computer (couldn't get either to shut down without doing a Restart)

-neither would update - kept getting the U41M1C212 error

-organizer would not work - would open then immediately shut down claiming it had to close and that Windows would advise when it had found a solution - with the help of someone else in one of the forums, I think(?) that I finally got the Organizer to work, at least so far.

It didn't seem to matter from where I tried to update, I always got the same message. Also, I disabled Norton and the results remained unchanged.

However, again thank you very much for the reply and information.

Dale

• 5. Re: Can't get updates!
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Dale

Thank for the follow up.

Have you tried the workaround using my blog post information involving getting an online download for the Camera Raw cited for 11 and installing the plug-in manually. Once the plug-in is installed, that will take care of the Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements side of things.

ATR

• 6. Re: Can't get updates!
                    Dale Mullen Level 1

ATR:
                    Yes, I did that.
                    Thank you.

Dale

• 7. Re: Can't get updates!
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Dale

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying that, even after you installed Camera Raw manually from the blog download box, the U41M1C212 error message appeared during or after that manual install?

ATR

• 8. Re: Can't get updates!
                        Dale Mullen Level 1

Actually, after all the different attempts to get both/either Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements working properly (install and uninstalled several times and finally downloading directly from Adobe rather than trying to use my install DVD), I'm not sure as to which level of updating has now been done. However, if I click the "check for updates" under the help menu in Organizer, Photoshop Elements, or Premiere Elements, I continue to get the U41MIC212 error message.

Dale

• 9. Re: Can't get updates!
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dale

If you go to Photoshop Elements 11 Editor and its Help Menu/About Plug-in/Camera Raw and click on Camera Raw, what is the Camera Raw version that is displayed in the Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw dialog that appears

In my Photoshop Elements 11 Editor, I have version 8.2.0.94. (I used the download that I mentioned in the blog post mentioned in an earlier post.

cameraraw8.2.JPG

The same Camera Raw Plug-in should be being used in Premiere Elements 11 because both work off the same file in the same location.

It will interesting to learn what version of Camera Raw is being used now.

Not sure if it will help, but have you tried updating the Adobe Application Manager?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

More later.

ATR

• 10. Re: Can't get updates!
                            Dale Mullen Level 1

I just now rechecked my Camera Raw plug in and found it to be 7.1.0.354 so I'm assuming that it has not been updated. Although I don't actually have a need for that particular update, I did try to download and install the update manually. Everything seemed to work fine until I got to the part suggesting to rename the 1003 file (I believe). This was not a possibility (not an option).
                            However, as I don't actually require the Camera Raw update for any "camera" purpose, after several tries, I've given up.

Thanks,

Dale

• 11. Re: Can't get updates!
                              Dale Mullen Level 1

Not sure if it will help, but have you tried updating the Adobe Application Manager?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

That one was what was needed.
                              After doing the Adobe Application Manager update, the Camera Raw 7.1 file was easily updated to the 7.4 version.

There are number of other issues which I've had from square one with APSE 11 but at least the update problem seems to have been solved, thanks to your persistence and information.

Thanks again,

Dale

• 12. Re: Can't get updates!
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Dale

Wonderful news. Great job of following through on the troubleshooting.

There are no more updates for 11 for the program or the Camera Raw plug-in. So, I think that you are set unless you uninstall reinstall the program.

If that happens, consider copying the Camera Raw plug-in and saving it to the hard drive. Then after the reinstall of the program, replace the Camera Raw plug-in that came with the reinstall with the newer Camera Raw that had been in the uninstalled program.

If you ever need to get the Camera Raw plug-in from the blog post to work for you, please let me know, and we will go over that. They should work.

Best wishes

ATR