5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 8:52 AM by John T Smith

exports

smasud1

how do export files from adobe premiere? when I attempted to, it told me I would be waiting 12 hours! there must be a more efficient way to get this done (main goal is to then import into adobe orgaizer)

• 1. Re: exports
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The time will depend on what you are editing, what effects you are using, what publish/share option you are using, the length of your video, and your computer hardware

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

• 2. Re: exports
            A.T. Romano Level 7

smasud1

This sure does look like a duplicate question that you also asked

Unable to export from editor, import into Organizer. Need help!

Please see my comments there.

What are the details of your export choice? For that matter, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? Are you exporting via Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media? Export time for those exports are somewhat longer than other choices under Publish+Share/Computer.

What is it you are planning on getting into the Elements Organizer - the export of the Timeline or the source media on the Timeline before export?

What are the details of your project, editing, and export?

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: exports
              smasud1 Level 1

I am working on a windows 8 system with premiere elements 11.

My main goal is to import videos off an external hard drive onto my

computer, edit them (trim them down, seperate into clips), and then

organize them using the albums and categories function.

My problem is that whenever I take out the external hard drive, all my

edited videos and things I thought I imported disappear and turn into a

black screen instead. I need to figure out how to permanently put these

videos on my computer.

Furthermore, even once I have edited them. I am not able to export them so

that I can move them into the organizer

I hope this made a bit more sense.

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 1:17 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 4. Re: exports
                A.T. Romano Level 7

smasud1

Thanks for your follow ups.

Please see my reply to your present situation in your other thread which essentially duplicates the situation described in the thread that we are in now.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6535782#6535782

ATR

• 5. Re: exports
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Locking this message thread to reduce duplication/confusion... post all future questions in your other thread