4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 3:48 PM by Peru Bob

How do I transition music better?

mrdemiraj81

For most of the video I'm working on I made music. The only problem is that it cuts rough from one to the other. Is there anyway to change that? Also, there is a final scene where I want the audio from the original shot. How can I do that?

• 1. Re: How do I transition music better?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrdemiraj81

From your prior threads, I am assuming that you are working on Premiere Elements 12 Mac. Is that correct?

With regard the audio from the original shot that you want to use in a final scene...

drag the file from Project Assets to an empty space to the right of the active Timeline, right click the file, and from the pop up menu select Delete Video to give you your audio file.

As for audio transitions in Premiere Elements 11 and 12, you may want to check out the following blog post on the subject

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Audio Transitions Problem

Better audio transitions might involve the trimming of clips beforehand and transition alignment. You might want to explore the feasibility of transitions involving utilization of more than one audio track for overlapping rather than the typical side by side clip on one track setup.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I transition music better?
            Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Better audio transitions might involve the trimming of clips beforehand and transition alignment. You might want to explore the feasibility of transitions involving utilization of more than one audio track for overlapping rather than the typical side by side clip on one track setup.

In addition to ATR's advice, it sometimes helps to try to match the waveforms.

• 3. Re: How do I transition music better?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Peru Bob

Do you have any references on

it sometimes helps to try to match the waveforms.

I have seen instances where the marked differences in the waveform at the end of one audio clip and the beginning of the next might be implicated in playback audio noise, but I have not run into situation where you would need to go deeper than

a. trimming (few audio samples aka frames) - handle consideration

b. alignment considerations

c. Constant Gain or Constant Power audio transition consideration

Therefore I am curious about those situations which require more.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I transition music better?
                Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No references.  I just look for similar peaks and patterns and sometimes I get lucky and they can be more easily faded out and in on separate tracks.