23 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2014 11:13 AM by A.T. Romano

Can't Upload or Save!

TotalPokemonIsland44 Level 1

Okay, so I tried to upload a video from Adobe Premiere Elements 11, and when I tried to save it, it worked like regular. I then x-ed it out and it asked if I wanted to save my changes before I exited. I said yes, and it never x-ed out. I tried it again, and again, and again, and it never x-ed out the window. So, then I saved the episode using ctrl+s, and then x-ed it out. It asked me if I wanted to say it, so, since I just saved it, I said no. I went into the file a little later, and VERY little progress was saved. So, then I thought I could just save it as a file, edit it in one go-round, and then upload it right after, never x-ing it out. I tried that, edited it smoothly, and in the Publish+Share section, I clicked the online option. Nothing happened, a hand rather than an arrow didn't pop up, no loading symbol, no error code, no new window, no sound effect... Nothing! All of the other options worked though and loaded just fine, and I had full internet access. Please help! The video was supposed to be online forever ago! Thanks!

• 1. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Total

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running on?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements 11?

Are you working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges as well as have applied Run As Administrator to the program's desktop icon?

What is your project preset and what are the properties of the source media on this Timeline? What is the duration of the

Timeline that is destined to be uploaded via Publish+Share/Online/ and what?

What happens if you start a new project? Same saving problems? Are you working with the AutoSave feature active (See Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave)?

When you wrote

Nothing! All of the other options worked though and loaded just fine, and I had full internet access

what were the "All of the other options worked though"...? Publish+Share/ everything but Online?

Did you clear the browser cache and turn off your router for about 30 seconds?

We will be watching for your details in the morning.

Thank you.

ATR.

• 2. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Total

Add On...In the situation that you are in now, can you manage to export your Timeline to something like Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30 (if appropriate for your project settings?

ATR

• 3. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

I have Windows 8. I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about, but I don't know about QuickTime. I am using an account on my computer, the program has run... Like a year ago. You want to know the weirdest part? I've already uploaded the 34 previous episodes without ANYTHING going wrong. I don't know about my project preset, but the file in the timeline is a wmv file that came from a PowerPoint (just like all of them) The duration is around 10 minutes (The edited version was not saved so I don't know exactly.) It's supposed to go on YouTube. If I start a new saving project, it usually saves and x-es out correctly for a while, but then it'll do the constant "Save before exiting" thing. Also, even if it's saving like regular, clicking the online option doesn't work. And yes, all options in the Publish+Share work except for online. I do have the AutoSave feature on. My browser cache is automatically cleared every time I x out, and I've turned off the motum, but not the router. I'll try that however. Yes, the Computer AVCHD should work if two things... I can get the files themselves to save all progress, and that kind of file can go on youtube. Thanks so much for the help, and I'd love to comment on how helpful you are. Where could I let someone know? Thanks!

• 4. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Total

Thanks for the reply. I think that we can work through these issues, but please try to find the following information with which I can work

1. In your project's Expert workspace, go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and tell us what you see for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio even if they look grayed out.

2. Go to the thumbnail of your .wmv file in Project Assets, right click it, and select Properties. Then tell us what is shows for:

File Size

Image Size

Frame Rate

Duration

Pixel Aspect Ratio

1 and 2 will give us information on the project set up.

3. Go to Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and look to where each is directed and how much free space is at that location.

4. Now go to the computer hard drive locations for Premiere Elements files that are automatically generated in the project's activities and saved to the computer hard drive...

Preview Files. Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0/Adobe Premiere Elements Previews File Folder. How much is in that folder?

Conformed Audio. Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0/Media Cache Files Folder. How much is in that folder?

Conformed Video. With this one, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and its Media Cache Database area and just hit the Clean button.

Depending on what you find in the Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder and the Media Cache Files Folder, we may just each all in

each. Still later on, we may also turn off AutoSave feature and empty out the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

Add On...in an emergency and depending on your present settings and sitution, you could try for the export of

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

and then upload that file saved to the computer hard drive to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

• 5. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

OH MY GOSH! I JUST CHECKED MY ENTIRE COMPUTER, SAW MY FLASHDRIVE, AND THE BAR WAS FILLED! IS THAT WHY IT WON'T LET ME SAVE ANYTHING!? I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM AND I JUST NOTICED IT. It had a lot of free space a couple days ago, though. Should I clear my preview folders from my flashdrive. There are a lot. Thanks so much for the help! Is it safe to delete my preview folders? Will it interfere with the already completed episodes?

1. Editing Mode: HD 1080i

Timebase: 29.97 frames/second

Frame Size: 1920 horizontal and 1080 vertical

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)

2. File Size: 197 MB

Image Size: I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but frame width: 1280 frame height: 720

Frame Rate: 30 frames/second

Duration: 00:20:06

3. Captured Video: G:\TPI\TPIEpisode35\ Same as Project. (I assume you're looking for the space that's beside each category. It says 1.0 MB?) I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Captured Audio: G:\TPI\TPIEpisode35\ Same as Project. 1.0MB

Video Previews: G:\TPI\TPIEpisode35\ Same as Project. 1.0MB

Audio Previews: G:\TPI\TPIEpisode35\ Same as Project. 1.0MB

Media Cache: C:\User...ata\Roaming\Adobe\Common\ Custom 353.6 GB

Disc Encoding: G:\TPI\TPIEpisode35\ Same as Project. 1.0MB

4. Now go to the computer hard drive locations for Premiere Elements files that are automatically generated in the project's activities and saved to the computer hard drive...

Preview Files. Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0/Adobe Premiere Elements Previews File Folder. How much is in that folder?

Two empty folders labeled "My new video project 3.PRV" and "My new video project 4.PRV"

Conformed Audio. Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0/Media Cache Files Folder. How much is in that folder?

Conformed Video. With this one, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and its Media Cache Database area and just hit the Clean button.

Depending on what you find in the Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder and the Media Cache Files Folder, we may just each all in

each. Still later on, we may also turn off AutoSave feature and empty out the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder.

• 6. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Total

Great job.

You are going to have to point those Scratch Disks to a drive with more than 1 MB of free space. Unusually low. Think 500 GB to 1 TB. Even 50 to 100 GB, but never 1 MB. Right now it looks like it is going to have to be the C drive unless you have an external hard drive about 500 GB capacity (NTFS format) that can be incorporated into the system.

The preview files can be deleted. The consequence will be that you will need to do some Timeline rendering to get the best possible previews for what you are seeing in the Edit area monitor.

The conformed audio and conformed video - delete all of them. Those the program will generate anew if and when the program decides it needs them.

Also, you do not want to be using a 1920 x 1080i30 project preset for source media which are 1280 x 720p30. If the program is not setting the right project preset for you, then you set the project preset manually before you import your media into the project. See File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

In Change Settings, set for NTSC AVCHD AVCHD LITE 720p30. Before closing out of that area, in the new project dialog, make sure you have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". Then back in the Premiere Elements Expert workspace, import your source media into the program with Add Media/Files and Folders.

Please let me know if you are OK with the details.

We are very pleased with your progress.

ATR

• 7. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

I believe the saving issue is resolved. I'll clean out my entire flashdrive of autosaves and previews. The online upload problem remains however. I've tried saving as an AVCHD but it said I was out of room, so I'll either save it to my harddrive or clean out enough room on my flashdrive. I just want to thank you so much for all of the help!

• 8. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

Also, a much more minor problem: I uploaded this very episode 1 time already and got a comment that it had no volume. So I tried it again... No volume... There was volume on the wmv and the Timeline. Any ideas? (It was on YouTube)

• 9. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Total

Open the project from which the upload to YouTube came. Go to Expert workspace Window Menu/Audio Meters to open the Audio Meter.

Then with the Audio Meter opened, play back the Timeline content and watch for the level on the volume as indicated by the Audio Meter.

Does it stay around 0 dB or does it dip to a - db level or even further to the infinity symbol (muted sound)?

Try for the Timeline content exported to file saved to the computer hard drive. And then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Does the file displayed at YouTube now have sound?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

Alrighty. I finished cleaning my flashdrive of autosaves and previews and it went from having 1.08 MB to having 2.94 gigs! Haha.

• 11. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Total

Sounds like good news.

What is the total capacity of this flash drive? Is there anything left on it now?

Have you thought about getting one of those USB slim external hard drives (formatted NTFS for Windows) with a

larger capacity than what you have now on the flash drive?

We will be watching for updates on the remaining troubleshooting.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

It's not empty. I have 42 episodes (Powerpoint, word, and Adobe Premiere Elements files). It's a 4 gig flashdrive. It's got 2.96 gigs left. My video has been uploading to YouTube for 6 hours now, but it's working at least. It usually only takes about 15 minutes.

• 13. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Total

I am a little (maybe a little bit more than little) worried that the upload to YouTube is taking so long.

What is the duration of the file in this particular case?

Also, if your USB Flash Driver is serving the purpose, you might consider one of them with capacity 6, 8, 16, 32 GB or more - whatever is on sale.

Looking forward to your results and keeping positive thoughts for a successful outcome.

ATR

• 14. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

The video is online, has full volume, and is working just as it should. I've done research and, (obviously) you're much more knowledgeable on the topic than I am, but it said that the time of uploading varies GREATLY based on web traffic. The video was 13 minutes, and 15 seconds. Thanks!

• 15. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Total

Great news. Great job.

Still that is an awful lot of traffic for 15 minutes versus 6 hours.

Nonetheless and most important, wonderful news "The video is online, has full volume, and is working just as it should."

Best wishes

ATR

• 16. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

ATR,

I have been frustrated by the huge amount of time it takes to upload a video, so last night, I decided to upload a video right before bed, leave it plugged on and loading overnight, and then wake up to a completed video. Well, I woke up to it saying it had 2800 something minutes left... TWO DAYS! It almost made me laugh when I woke up, but I was just wondering if you knew how to possibly lower the time. Thanks!

-Levi

• 17. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Levi

Thanks for the update.

What are the details of this two days plus upload?

a. What is the upload's file size and duration? Is this a SD or HD upload? And, what route to YouTube are you using - Premiere Elements YouTube feature or export the Timeline to file and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

b. For your videos, just under 2 GB/15 minutes, have you compared the upload time to YouTube when you use the Premiere Elements YouTube feature versus when you export the Timeline to file and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

c. Is there any indication that you are running out of computer resources?

ATR

• 18. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

ATR,

Actually, I re-uploaded it, and it's only taking about an hour or two.

Also, I'm saving the timeline as a file, and then uploading because the

upload from Adobe Premiere directly is still not working. Directly

uploading it from Adobe Premiere was exponentially faster, about 20 minutes

of uploading per 10 minutes of video. I'm also having major internet

issues, which might also be causing a bit of uploading delay. My computer

is amazingly fast, no delay or white screen when I change pages or any sort

of thing, but when the internet is on the fritz, it doesn't even load. I'm

hopefully contacting TWC about the internet. I'm actually much more worried

about internet than the uploading time because I think the uploading issue

is stemming from the internet. It's 1.36 gb and 7 minutes and 35 seconds

long. I don't know about SD or HD, but it's saved as an AVCHD, so if an

AVCHD has a default, it should be that. I don't know exactly what you mean

by computer resources, do you mean room on my hard drive? I have 344 gb of

442 left. Thanks!

-Levi

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:15 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 19. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Levi

Thanks for the reply with further details of your situation.

From what you wrote, your Internet service is top priority. Have you discussed

this with your Internet provider? Anything new in the neighborhood that would be interfering

with the Internet connection? When the problems set in, if you go to the router and look at the specifics, does the Speed (Up/Down)

reading appear to be far below what you are used to getting?

Have you gone through

a. Turning off your router for about 30 to 45 seconds?

b. Clearing your browser's Options/Advanced/Network/Cached Web Content?

By computer resources, I was referring to total and available RAM, free hard drive space, etc.

ATR

• 20. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

ATR,

My dad is going to check up with TWC about internet. And yes, my dad said

TWC was doing something local, like changing wires or something, that might

make our internet switch to "Limited Access." I haven't looked at the

router while the internet was out, but I will next time and let you know.

I've turned off and on the router along with the motum. I have cleared my

network cache before. Typically, my internet is fast, but every now and

then, when the internet goes out, it will be a basic "troubleshoot" and

then it's fixed in under 5 minutes. But when it goes to "limited access,"

it is just a mess and a collage of error code windows. Thanks for the help!

-Levi

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 21. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Levi

Thanks for the update.

Do not give up.

ATR

• 22. Re: Can't Upload or Save!

Alright. Thank you! About the internet, I can directly plug my laptop into

the router and the internet works perfectly. So, for the time being, it

should be fine. Thanks for so much help!

-Levi

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 1:04 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 23. Re: Can't Upload or Save!
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Levi

Thanks for the good news. Good job in identifying a workaround until all the Internet connection details are worked out.

Please let us know if and when we can be of assistance with your Premiere Elements projects.

Thanks.

ATR