34 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2014 9:12 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements

AgentDingo

hello

I'm an IT guy in a school, recently one of the teachers got Premiere Elements for the computers,

we have installed well, but it takes 10+ minutes to start the program, on any device (specs bellow)

no error logs are found not seems to be crashing its just taking a long as time and we cannot figure out why,

the strange thing is we also have Premiere Pro and that works fine.

any suggestions?

dell computers at the school

3.4 quad core

8 gb ram

1tb hdd

1 gig dedicated gpu

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you have the school computers "mapped" to a network drive?

If yes, you may need to contact Adobe directly, not other users in a user to user forum

Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements
            AgentDingo Level 1

hi john thank you for your reply

the computers are on a network and have drive mapped for info and data but adobe is installed locally on each device

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements
              AgentDingo Level 1

its not saving or anything we are having the trouble with, its just opening the program for the first time,

we even took one off the network and it did the same thing

on any opening (including the first time)

it takes over 10 minutes

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements
                AgentDingo Level 1

also side note. followed the link to contact them, go through the steps, choose troubleshoot, sends me right back here

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you running Premiere Elements from a User Account with Administrative Privileges as well as having applied

Run As Administrator to the program's desktop icon? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the

computer with Premiere Elements. QuickTime is a requirement and it, like Premiere Elements, requires administrator

privileges.

John apparently has not checked the Adobe Chat link lately. The link that used to give the opportunity to select Chat or Ask the Community

has been showing only As the Community for Downloading, Installing, and Setting for several days, before the July 4th holiday.

I need to find out what is going on with that link which would be your best opportunity to get Education and School Network information

from Adobe.

You could try the usual drill of deleting the Premiere Elements Settings file named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs and the whole folder in which it exists.

For now I will assume that you are working with Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

X

and in the X Folder (X = version number) is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole X Folder in which it exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

I am not sure of your maintenance program for your computers. But in situation like this I strongly encourage the use of ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls and reinstalls. No horror stories.

Have you installed the program to the default location on the computer C drive? And, are all the Scratch Disks directed to the 1 TB hard drive (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks). Any problems with the Internet connections to these computer?

Please review and consider. If you need clarification on anything that I have written, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

Hopefully we can find the key to helping you with your Premiere Elements issue.

I did some round about checking concerning Adobe Chat availability for Premiere Elements Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up.

I found only one Customer Service Department that had an available Adobe Chat. It was the department for

Membership, account, payment

Payments, invoices, orders

The information there was that modifications are in progress for queue management for chat. How long Adobe Chat would be unavailable

was not determined. But depending on how this troubleshooting progresses, you might be able to contact the Adobe Chat of the department

above to give you access to Adobe Chat representative who can help with Premiere Elements Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up.

Speculation at this time.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements
                      AgentDingo Level 1

running 12, on windows 8.1

and yeah have tried all admin accounts run as admin

Have attempted:

Driver updates

Quicktime updates

Trial and non-trial version

Launching offline

Launching in safe mode (doesn't launch at all)

Launching in admin account

Disabling QTServer process

Local save file locations

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry that the news was not better.

I will think about this some more. But, it might be a good idea to try to contact Adobe Chat by one of the round about routes while

Adobe Chat is temporarily not available for just "Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up" via the usual online link. To do that, consider using the previously mentioned way or the following which at this moment appears to have an available Adobe Chat contact opportunity.

Licensing Activation

Contact Customer Care

I am not sure if the link will hold the set. The page that I am referring you to look like

Licensing.JPG

Please let us know the outcome when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements
                          AgentDingo Level 1

I have been through every option,

I don't get chat, I only get ask the community,

a little frustrating their support doesn't have an email us option...

even if I could chat that would be nice

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

I checked the links again just now. Same Ask the Community in that Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up category that we seek for Adobe Chat.

How are you installing the program? Is it through the method referred to as Silent Install?

If so, I am not sure if any of the following will help you.

Adobe Premiere 12 Silent Install - How to Suppress Updates, EULA, Registration

The following is an active Adobe Chat waiting for users. It is under Adobe Licensing. It may be way off route for this,

but it might be worth a try to give you a lead to Adobe contact.

Adobe Volume Licensing & Enterprise Support

Please let us know the outcome when you get a chance.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements
                              AgentDingo Level 1

checked the chat... Sorry we missed you! Chat is available Monday-Friday, 5am-7pm

its currently 10 am... lol

reading through that other thread too, but doesn't seem like what im dealing with, mine is able to install and all, just takes 10+ minutes to load the program once installed

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

Thanks for the update. Sorry the news was not better.

Please try again tomorrow.

We will be watching for latest developments.

ATR

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements
                                  AgentDingo Level 1

still showing offine,

the weird thing is obviously pro is 100% better than elements but pro works fine

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

Is Premiere Pro installed on the same computer as Premiere Elements 12 or on other computers reserved for the Premiere Pro classes?

I will agree that Premiere Pro costs more, but will stop at that.

I am very interested to know the cause of this Premiere Elements 12 issue which results in that very extended start time. Tomorrow I will

see what I can undercover in the way of Adobe contact information while all this modification is going on in that queue management. I have

no insider information, just determination.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements
                                      AgentDingo Level 1

we do have both installed on some computers,

we thought of that being an issue installed on a pc without anything still does it

also the reason we have both is some teachers don't want the year 9's to use pro... we told them to just use pro apparently that's not possible lol

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

As of this moment the situation seems to remain the same with the Adobe Chat Downloading, Installing, and Settings Up online opportunity - not available.

Have you had any luck making contact with any of the other Adobe Chat links that we have cited in the hopes that a representative from one group

can get you to a representative with the information that you need.

Here is yet another Adobe Chat link which I found as active just now. Its focus is Activation (and you appear to be beyond that point if your only problem is the very delayed opening of the program), but Adobe Chat Activation may be able to establish a contact for you with the right Adobe Company Help department.

Activation & Deactivation Help

ATR

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements
                                          AgentDingo Level 1

everything I try to go to still sends me straight back to ask the community, does anyone know of an email address I can contact them on

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

Judy F this morning wrote about contacting Abobe. I do not know how she did that since, when I tried those Adobe Chat opportunities, same old stuff- Ask the Community.

Have you tried those active Adobe Chat links that I pointed to you previously?

Please try the following for an Adobe Chat, Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up, Premiere Elements.

Contact Customer Care

It opens with an Active Adobe Chat. I found the link online just now.

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks.

ATR

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

What is happening?

I tried the link that I posted last night

Contact Customer Care

again today, and it has an active Adobe Chat for Premiere Elements and "Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up".

You should have no problems getting through to this Adobe Chat.

Please update us on your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                AgentDingo Level 1

finally got the chat to work, will let you all know the results

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                  AgentDingo Level 1

"mitchell jenkins: we have a volume licence as we are a school

Shrine: In that case, I request you to get back to us in business hours. As teh relevant team is currently offline. They will be available from 5 AM to 7 PM PST"

god damn it.. so yeah those pst times are like outside of school hours here in western Australia except 1 hour in the morning.... best support ever... 

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

When I saw you had posted tonight here, I opened this thread expecting to find the answer to those extremely long Premiere Elements 12 opening times

that you have been running into trying to set up the programs for a school system.

Thanks for the good news that you are getting closer to Adobe Chat.

I took out my iPod World Clock. Did I do the calculations correct - 15 hours between you on West Coast of Australia and those Adobe Pacific Coast hours of 5 am to 7 pm?

So on a given day, you can contact Adobe Chat starting at 8 pm (your time) to catch them at its starting time of 5 am OR contact Adobe no later than 10 am to catch it at its closing time of 7 pm. Since you need a few hours space, that makes the 10 am hour more like 7 or 8 am.

Tough call, late night or early morning.

We will continue to watch for further developments.

Best wishes

ATR

• 24. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                      Res.Luethi Level 1

Try the following:

Edit the file "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" and insert the line

127.0.0.1               static.photoshop.com

The startup time of PRE 12 should be shorter now.

Regards

Andreas

• 25. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Andreas

Are you in a school/business network (volume license) situation as is AgentDingo? You seem to be, based on your recent own thread

regarding silent install of Premiere Elements 12.

We will look forward to AgentDingo troubleshooting results from your and/or Adobe Chat suggestions.

Your contributions as a volume license user would be very helpful since many of us are home users of the product(s) and have

not been involved in the issues related specifically to setting up for volume licensing for school or business.

At this time, what is your startup time for your Premiere Elements 12, presumed on a school or business network?

ATR

• 26. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                          AgentDingo Level 1

yes we have a volume licence,

start up time seems to be about 10+ minutes

• 27. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

Thinking about you. Any contact with Adobe Chat yet - late night or early morning your time?

What is the scenario...Is Premiere Elements working after waiting the 10 + for it to open? If you have students in class waiting to video edit with the program, can a temporary workaround be to start up Premiere Elements 15 minutes before use while the lecture is going on? Or, are you still in a position

to get your money back if the solution to the problem cannot be found to meet your school video editing education needs?

Did Andreas's hosts file suggestion have any impact on your Premiere Elements problem? Just in case note if you do try the hosts file approach,  backup the hosts file before making any edits to its Notepad document.

More later.

ATR

• 28. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                              AgentDingo Level 1

well its Monday morning for us so will have to wait till tomorrow before I can get onto the chat as is offline weekend for that time frame.

after 10+ minutes it does work, but the teachers here are fairly.. im going to say unhappy for lack of other words that are nice,

nothing yet has made an impact yet,

though over the weekend was looking some stuff up (IT life doesn't end ever) and got a program that shows what runs what (process wise) as its opening, so hoping it will show what it is getting stuck on to take so long

• 29. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

Are you working with the Process Explorer Sysinternals? Great program.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

The major files are

Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe (opens first...to Welcome Screen)

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe (second to open bypassing the Welcome Screen

When the Welcome Screen is gone, the Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe is gone.

Have you tried the set up whereby the Welcome Screen is bypassed to get a quicker shot at the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe?

Which one of these are you using now to open the program - to Video Editor or to Welcome Screen or to Organizer?

ATR

• 30. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                                  AgentDingo Level 1

sure is what I got,

found Adobe QT32 Server.exe to be what is holding it up, found an error in the event viewer as well (bellow).

hopefully this should shed some light 

Faulting application name: Adobe QT32 Server.exe, version: 6.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x523cc7a1

Faulting module name: QuickTime.qts_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50890e53

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x6c68cce9

Faulting process id: 0x1814

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa47e562a5d8a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\32\Adobe QT32 Server.exe

Faulting module path: QuickTime.qts

Report Id: 296e8363-1072-11e4-be7c-180373d68197

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

• 31. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

Please check out this thread on the Adobe Media Core CS6 (aka Adobe QT32Server.exe).

"Adobe Media Core CS6 has stopped working" error.

The user's bottom line was the uninstall reinstall of QuickTime.

Too much of a stretch between that situation and yours?

ATR

• 32. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                                      AgentDingo Level 1

willing to give anything a shot at this point mate, will keep you updated

• 33. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                                        AgentDingo Level 1

knocked about 3-4 minutes off, but is still long and touchy, like if during the loading if you click anywhere it crashes.

• 34. Re: Premiere Elements
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

AgentDingo

I am about to call it a day.

Not sure if the following idea is worth thinking about or just wait for Adobe Chat?

Since uninstall reinstall of QuickTime Mac latest version had some impact though it did not resolve the problem, what about the idea of

trying an older version of QuickTime Mac?

Apple - Support - Downloads

ATR