I’m having a problem with the ‘edge_includes’ folder. I’m publishing a project for a client that is running the files off-line so I cant publish the project using Adobe CDN (not using the option generated the edge_includes folder).
The project works fin on my all of systems, but problem arise when the client launched the html file on his, none of the assets/code load into the HTML frame work, just a blank browser. - I can recreate the problem by removing the edge_includes folder.
Can any one shed light as to whats happening here?
Not sure if this is why, but I sometimes have problems when I try to just launch the files locally.
In some browsers, it will only work if launched from a server or using the edge animate "preview in browser" (which is actually a mini-server too).
I think it's something to do with a security setting blocking dynamic files locally in the browser.
Seem to have better luck launching locally with firefox though, if your client wants to try that.
Thanks Russ_E, I've done a bit more digging in the area you mentioned and think I've found the problem to my clients situation: in IE if the Active X controller is switched off then the content will not be permitted to load into the browser.
To fix the problem I did this:
Hope the works for others.