2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 12:29 PM by Conrad C

Lightroom web metadata manipulations

Artem B

Hi!
      As far as I understand, this resource:
      Adobe Lightroom

is meant to provide a web-interface for collections synced between Desktop and Mobile (iPad) Lightroom apps under one Adobe account

so far it only shows a set of synced collections of images with only one option to "Show badge overlays" (and I don't quite understand what it does - I don't use watermarks, so if it's that, than I couldn't tell)

I don't have an iPad and I don't intend to purchase one any time soon, but I still would like to make some use of that web gallery for synced collections and the most interesting would be if it was possible to manage at least metadata of synced images via that web-interface - i.e. if I could give access to that page via my account, say, to my family members, they could trim some metadata, so later it would be easier for me to manage my libraries

or, maybe, there's a currently available way to arrenge metadata management through a web-interface, that would sync with my Lightroom libraries?

if not - could I get some feedback on if such a feature would be implemented any time soon?

• 1. Re: Lightroom web metadata manipulations
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Lightroom forum.

• 2. Re: Lightroom web metadata manipulations
            Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Artem B wrote:

"Show badge overlays" (and I don't quite understand what it does - I don't use watermarks, so if it's that, than I couldn't tell)

I don't have an iPad and I don't intend to purchase one any time soon, but I still would like to make some use of that web gallery for synced collections and the most interesting would be if it was possible to manage at least metadata of synced images via that web-interface

Show Badge Overlays displays little badge icons indicating metadata status like the star rating or flag status, which are editable on the iPad or iPhone versions of Lightroom. But right now the web interface is read-only. It would be nice to edit metadata from the web interface, but I don't know what Adobe's plans are for implementing that.