4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2014 10:56 AM by A.T. Romano

Problems uploading to social media sites

mecoboy

I have Premiere Elements 12 running on Windows 8.1. I have connected Elements to YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo and the connections are authorized. However, when I try to upload a save project to any of the sites using the Publish+Share tab it fails. Each time the file renders without difficulty then, at 98% completion I get an 'Error' popup box with the message: 'Online Services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible.'

When I press OK, it says: 'An error has occurred transferring files. Would you like to try again, stop the workflow and try again later, or terminate this service completely?' If I try again the same thing happens.

The files I am trying to upload are standard PAL SD uploads, using the options provided. I used an old JVC Everio GZ-MC200 (PAL) for video collection.

Files can be saved normally as Flash video or MPG or whatever without any difficulty.

Your advice would be appreciated... Thank you.

• 1. Re: Problems uploading to social media sites
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Does it work if you share to an appropriate file for the service and then upload the files manually?

• 2. Re: Problems uploading to social media sites
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mecoboy

Let us focus on YouTube for starter.

Have you gone to Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing and under Services hit the Refresh button?

Have you turned off your router for about 30 seconds and also have you emptied your default browser's Cache Web Content?

Can you export your present Timeline to an AVCHD.mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive and then successfully upload it to YouTube at the YouTube web site? To produce the file, please use...

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - PAL DV Standard as indicated by your Timeline content.

What is your project preset for your current Premiere Elements project....PAL DV Standard or the program's default PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25?

We will be looking forward to your follow up results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Problems uploading to social media sites
              mecoboy Level 1

John T. Smith and A.T. Romana - Thank you for your prompt responses. My apologies for the delay, I was following your instructions, making files, etc...

John: I can upload the files manually without any difficulty.

ATR: Thank you. I update the Preferences, refreshed, cleared out the caches and tried again. At 98% I got the same error. When I created a file using your suggestions, this worked perfectly and uploaded to YouTube without any problems (I also loaded the same video but in a different format to Vimeo - no problem). One thing, where do I check the project presets? I can't seem to find that. Under 'Project settings' everything is 'DV Pal' or 'Microsoft AVI DV Pal' inder Video Render (although these are greyed out).

Thank you once again.

• 4. Re: Problems uploading to social media sites
                A.T. Romano Level 7

mecoboy

To determine what project preset was set, one approach is to read the Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and its Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio fields even if they look grayed out. From those readings, you can reason back to what was set in the new project dialog for the project preset.

To get to the project presets yourself, go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Properties button in the New Project dialog. At that point - before you hit Change Settings button in the New Project dialog, the New Project dialog may (not always) display the project preset for the last project. If any problems in this regard, just tell me the readings in the Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, and I will interpret them for you.

Based on what you wrote....Project Settings DV Pal and Video Render Microsoft AVI DV Pal, your project could be set for PAL DV Standard or PAL DV Widescreen. The Pixel Aspect Ratio in Project Settings/General would give us our answer.

Also, are you saying that the same Premiere Elements Timeline in the same project can upload to Vimeo successfully but not YouTube? What is the file size and duration for that Timeline video as reflected at the bottom of the Premiere Elements YouTube export area?

Please let us know if you have more questions on this or need clarification.

Thank you.

ATR