• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search / Replace in Acrobat Pro 9 ??

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that needs some significant editing.   I can't go back to the source. I could accomplish a lot with a search / replace tool.  I've been searching through the help files and information online and I can't figure out if there is a search/replace tool in this product.  I have found the search / redact tool, but no search / replace.    Does anyone know if Acro Pro 9 has this feature?  If not, is there a free plugin that could do this...?  and in which version of Acrobat did they introduce search/replace?

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no search/replace in any release. PDF is really utterly unsuited to this kind of work. Acrobat is nothing like Word and never will be... if there is any way to get the original, please do that. Otherwise you may need to remake an editable document (e.g. exporting DOC or copy/paste text).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is search replace in newer versions, at least according to Adobe.  see here:

Acrobat Help | Searching PDFs

Find and replace text in PDFs

Find and replace text in a PDF

The Find toolbar searches the currently open PDF. You can selectively replace the search term with alternative text. You replace text one instance at a time. You cannot make a global change throughout a PDF or across multiple PDFs.

• Choose Edit > Find (Ctrl/Command+F).

• Type the text you want to search for in the text box on the Find toolbar.

• To replace text, click Replace With to expand the toolbar, then type the replacement text in the Replace With text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The help article is for Acrobat XI. The feature described/discussed was introduced with Acrobat XI.

You refer to the use of Acrobat 9 Pro. That version (and "8" and "X") do not have this feature.

If you need the feature you will have to move up to "XI".

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can delete individual words or sentences in a PDF file in Acrobat 9 Pro by going to:

Tools > Advanced Editing  > TouchUp Text Tool

Swipe across selected text then hit the delete button.

The only way to replace text is to delete (as above) and then type in new text.
If you have the same text on multiple pages, you can only delete/replace individually - not all at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines