Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Connect to Live Stream an Event

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some suggestions about how we could best use Adobe Connect to live stream an upcoming event. Every year we host an event with both a live and an online audience. Traditionally we've asked our presenters to speak into a microphone that is connected to a PA system in the room and then a separate microphone connected to a laptop pics up the audio coming out of the PA system and transmits it through Connect. I suspect that there must be a better way to do this (perhaps using a mixing board?), but I'm not sure how that would work. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Similarly, does anyone have any thoughts on adding a live video feed? Ideally I'd like to broadcast a video feed at a resolution around 480, but I'm not sure if that's realistic. Any insights people may have would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

I've produced dozens of events just like yours. The best solution is to locate some kind of audio-out port on your PA system. It might just be a headphone jack but that would work just fine. Whatever connection you can find, locate a cable that will connect to that port on one end, and on the other end fit into your PC/Mac using either it's microphone-in or USB. Then you have only to configure Flash to look at that input. The best way to do this is to run Connect's Audio Wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When doing mixed events (live and online) with Connect, I've used an audio out from a mixing board, or if you can off the PA system. This ensures a direct like from the mic being used and eliminates the chance for the PA's audio to be picked up by the mic and creating an echo or disruptive background noise.

As to the live video feed, that should be easy enough. So long as you can connect your camera (webcam or otherwise) to the computer, there should be a method to get the live stream in Connect. The feed needs to be seen as a webcam by your computer's OS, but this can be worked around with an application called DVdriver ($20), if needed. It is also free to try, so you can test at no additional cost. Connect supports up to 480P.

Video quality - high.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've produced dozens of events just like yours. The best solution is to locate some kind of audio-out port on your PA system. It might just be a headphone jack but that would work just fine. Whatever connection you can find, locate a cable that will connect to that port on one end, and on the other end fit into your PC/Mac using either it's microphone-in or USB. Then you have only to configure Flash to look at that input. The best way to do this is to run Connect's Audio Wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jorma Jennings and @JJones

Thank you for your input. I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines