2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 2:54 PM by Szalam

Warp Stabilizer (CS6) shuts down my computer

dibs7135

Ok first off, I just opened up After Effects for the first time like 3 days ago.  I have worked in many other CS6 programs though and haven't had trouble in any of them so far, but when I run Warp Stabilizer in After Effects it analyzes the video and before it's done analyzing or immediately afterwards my computer turns off.  Since I've been trying to find answers for 3 days on the web I figured I'd ask some pros what I can do.

My system is homemade, I have 8 GB of RAM (low but should be capable of the job, right?),  the speed is 3.80 ghz and the OS is Windows 8.1, graphics card (if that matters) - NVIDIA GeForce.  I'm not sure what other information I should provide but I'll be back to answer questions.

What I have done to try to resolve the problem on my own is small things like clearing the cache, rendering and purging the video, I also tampered with the settings under the preferences tab and followed directions provided through Adobe's Tutorials.  When the stabilizer is analyzing I analyzed the performance of my CPU and other drives, they all look good as far as being low, the memory is working the hardest at 43% but I wouldn't think that would cause this problem.

• 1. Re: Warp Stabilizer (CS6) shuts down my computer
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Actually, 8 gigs of memory is on the light side for AE -- it's a RAM hog.  But there are other things that could be messing you up.  Here's a short list of the obvious things: a really long clip (over a couple of minutes), highly-compressed video like AVCHD or mp3, and trying to us3e multiprocessing, aka render multiple frames simultaneously.

Think about getting an additional 8 gigs for starters.

• 2. Re: Warp Stabilizer (CS6) shuts down my computer
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

dibs7135 wrote:

I'm not sure what other information I should provide

FAQ: What information should I provide when ask a question?

Warp Stabilizer is a weird beast. It communicates as if it's going over a network. Speaking of which, you should check any firewall and anti-virus software. Usually turning those off helps a lot with Warp Stabilizer issues.

dibs7135 wrote:

Ok first off, I just opened up After Effects for the first time like 3 days ago.

Then you should probably start here. Charging forward into AE with only a familiarity with other software in the Creative Cloud is only going to end in frustration.