1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 12:43 PM by Noel Carboni

Every single time I power up photoshop CC get an error. says " the monitor profile "acer S201HL" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software. How do I fix this?

seennaa

Every single time I power up photoshop CC get an error. says " the monitor profile "acer S201HL" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software. How do I fix this?

• 1. Re: Every single time I power up photoshop CC get an error. says " the monitor profile "acer S201HL" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software. How do I fix this?
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Your factory-supplied monitor profile, associated with your monitor by the operating system, is bad.  It's more common than you'd think.

To avert the error:

Open the Color Management panel of your Windows operating system.  In the Devices tab, if it is not already listed [ Add... ] the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile and [ Set as default Profile ].

After doing the above, log out of Windows and back in again, just to ensure everything's updated.

Note that the above assumes your monitor is more or less displaying color in the sRGB color space (sRGB is short for sRGB IEC61966-2.1).  For many monitors this isn't a terribly wrong assumption.

If you want to ensure you have the most accurate color, consider buying a calibration and profiling device, which (with its associated software) can set your calibration and generate custom color profiles by doing actual measurements from your monitor.  You'll want to take some time to get your mind around how color-management works, and that is not a trivial task.  It's certainly well beyond what can be taught in a forum post by post.

Good luck.

-Noel