6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 11:33 AM by bryan.gough

what happened to save as cs6

bryan.gough Level 1

I have AE CC 13 and the File > Save as CS6 option is no longer an option. This is a pretty critical component to my workflow... any ideas?

• 1. Re: what happened to save as cs6
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You'll have to do a two step save. Save as a CC, then open in CC and save as CS6...

Since the save as previous version was introduced AE has always only gone back one version. There are lots of threads on this. It's not very popular that the Save AS CS6 option is not in CC 14 but that's the way it is.

• 2. Re: what happened to save as cs6
            bryan.gough Level 1

Save as CC? How is this an option? I guess my question in the forum search bar wasn't accurate enough to bring up the threads, so it prompted me to start a new post. Sorry for the redundancy.

I am using AE CC 2014. The actual version is 13.0.0.214... I didn't keep CC (v12) on my computer when the update was released. It seems reasonable (as you pointed out) that one could expect the "Save as CS6" function to be persistent in any CC version...

Oh to be able to threaten Adobe that I'm going to take my business elsewhere...

• 3. Re: what happened to save as cs6
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

CC and CC 14 are just a different as CS6 and CC or AE 5.0 and 5.5. Every release utilizes new features that are not supported in previous versions. Also, the release notes are specific concerning previous versions. I'm not saying that I would not appreciate a save as CS6 option in CC 14, but it is not there and not likely to return. You could always get on the Feature Request list. Changes to features are a democratic process. The more votes the more likely things will change. I'm not a software engineer so I can't tell you how difficult this would be to implement but I can guarantee that it would take more work than the way it is now.

• 4. Re: what happened to save as cs6
                Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

And don't forget that, up until a few years ago, there was never a previous-version save function.  From CS4 (I think) and earlier, you could not save backward at all. 

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: what happened to save as cs6
                  bryan.gough Level 1

That makes sense. I guess I thought the CC was going to be more of a single version that is constantly rolling out new features, but not necessarily outdating itself... so the distinction between CC and CC14 (and the fact that it didn't Update/Replace but installed a new app) wasn't readily obvious to me. Makes sense now. Thanks.

• 6. Re: what happened to save as cs6
                    bryan.gough Level 1

I'll be sure and let my past self know that I have it much better now, thanks. Oh, and I just got a note from my future self that CC18 is a single app that combines every current Adobe CC application into a single, voice-activated UI. I can't even imagine how that's going to change my workflow!

"Adobe, make a cool video about...dinosaurs."

"Export to everyone."

"Thank you, Adobe, that's all for now. Let me know when you're done."