1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 7:17 PM by A.T. Romano

yellow line on top and it doesn't go on real time (tried several things)

xiibalba

Hi there,

I was trying to edit a 1080p footage from my dslr (Nikon D3300) on premiere CS 5.5

I got a "yellow line on top" and it doesn't go on real time.

This is what I found about that:  yellow: The source media’s codec is computationally difficult (such as AVCHD). As mentioned above, only very few simple codecs don’t get a yellow bar; these include DV and DVCPRO.

so, could it be the codec from the dslr? if so, what codecs do you use? How can I edit on real time? (I got a PC with a radeon 7970, an i7 930, 2.8m Ghz with 9Gb ram))

I tried "render entire work area" and it got me a green line, but didn't play at all the video. It froze. I opened the sq from the clip. It takes the resolution, the frame rate and the audio perfectly....but still yellow line and jerky playback

I also read that many others say that they use the native codec from their dslr on premiere with no problems at all...

basically, I got no clue of what to do.

The codec is AVC H.264.  I tried the video in Premiere CC (v.7) and still got the yellow line and jerky playback.

I tried renaming them .mpg, but same yellow line and same playback.

codec : AVC1 H.264
      Type: QuickTime Movie
      File Size: 137.5 MB
      Image Size: 1920 x 1080
      Frame Rate: 23.976
      Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
      Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
      Total Duration: 00:00:48:12
      Average Data Rate: 2.8 MB / second
      Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

ID :    1
      Format :    AVC
      Format/Info :    Advanced Video codec
      Format profile :    High@L4.1
      Format settings, CABAC :    Yes
      Format settings, ReFrames :    2 frames
      Format settings, GOP :    M=3, N=12
      codec ID :    avc1
      codec ID/Info :    Advanced Video Coding
      Duration :    50s 801ms
      Bit rate :    20.9 Mbps
      Width :    1 920 pixels
      Height :    1 080 pixels
      Display aspect ratio :    16:9
      Frame rate mode :    Constant
      Frame rate :    23.976 fps
      Color space :    YUV
      Chroma subsampling :    4:2:0
      Bit depth :    8 bits

Any advice is welcome!

thanks!

• 1. Re: yellow line on top and it doesn't go on real time (tried several things)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

xiibalba

You have posted in the wrong forum if your program is Premiere CS5.5. This is the Premiere Elements Forum.

Please post your thread in the Premiere Pro Forum or wait for a moderator to see your thread here and move it from here to there.

Premiere Pro CC

Just what is the project preset that you or the program set for this video source. If the project is doing the project settings, have you checked to

assure that it is doing it correctly?

In Premiere Elements AVCHD is now a native format, so when you import it with the correct project preset there is no colored line over its content. After its first edit there will be an orange line that will turn green after Timeline rendering.

I have never used Premiere CS5.5 so I cannot speak to the particular differences that might exist between Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro in this regard.

The Premiere Pro users will be able to address fully your Premiere Pro issue.

ATR.