3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2014 9:21 AM by A.T. Romano

I am authorized to upload longer videos than this program will allow. How do I get it to allow me to upload longer videos, more than 30 minutes?

animkii

I want to upload my video but this program will not allow me to yet Youtube will. Why is this restriction set in the program? If Youtube will not allow it they will stop the process. I am authorized for uploading longer videos because of my excellent standing with Youtube.

• 1. Re: I am authorized to upload longer videos than this program will allow. How do I get it to allow me to upload longer videos, more than 30 minutes?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

animkii

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running.

What you are experiencing is no reflection on your standing at YouTube.

Recent versions of Premiere Elements allow for 2 GB 15 minutes for its feature. This is the same limitation at YouTube.

But, at YouTube, you can apply for an extended time account which allows you to upload larger files. But that extended

time account is only for uploading videos to YouTube at the YouTube web site. The extended time account privileges cannot

be used in the Premiere Elements upload to YouTube from within its program. This has been written about many times.

It is what it is. There is no workaround, except to export your Premiere Elements Timeline to a file saved to the computer

hard drive and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site with your extended time account.

Please let me know if you need clarification on anything that I have written. If you need any help with the settings for generating

the Premiere Elements file for upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I am authorized to upload longer videos than this program will allow. How do I get it to allow me to upload longer videos, more than 30 minutes?
            animkii Level 1

OK. So what format should I save it in on my hard drive for uploading to Youtube? Does Premiere 12 save it in a format I can post or do I have to desigante which format I want it saved in? If yes, where are the instructions for this process? Thanks again for helping. I like the program. It is {Adobe Premiere Elements 12). Can I ugrade to a better program? How much is it? Where? Thanks

• 3. Re: I am authorized to upload longer videos than this program will allow. How do I get it to allow me to upload longer videos, more than 30 minutes?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

animkii

Thanks for the reply.

I do not know your Premiere Elements 12 project settings. So, for now, I will give the example assuming 1920 x 1080 project where you are working from a

NTSC (29.97/30 frames per second) setup rather than PAL (25 frames per second) setup.

1. After the Timeline content is established and edited, then go on to Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD.

2. Set the Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

3. Hit the Save button in the export area to export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard

drive at the location that you designate in the export area beforehand..

4. From that hard drive save location, upload your video to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Please do not hesitate if you have any questions about the above. If your project settings are different than my assumptions, please let me

know the details, and I will fine tune the details presented here.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR