I need to make a pdf document, already made in photoshop, 'page turn' and then add it to my website as an e-brochure. I know I can do this in indesign but indesign will not open pdf files for some inexplicable reason. Any ideas how I can do it without completely starting again?
please try this (all terms are translated from my German programs to my best knowledge):
1. Did the creator of the pdf file enable the import options?
2. See import options: choose an other visibility option for your layer.
3. Let you show the import options and click into one with a black background and try these out (often a gray is selected).
4. See trimming: try the different modes there. Often works: "Media".
5. Is the pdf file (eg from Word) correctly created?
6. Is the PDF file protected? >>> no import possible.
7. If that does not help, store the pdf file in Acrobat, repair possible errors, run the PDF Optimizer before placing in InDesign.
InDesign cannot open PDF files. You can place PDF files as graphics by choosing File > Place. If you check Show Import Options, you can choose which page(s) to place.