15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2014 9:27 AM by A.T. Romano

Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help

twistedhornforge

I am trying to work through classroom in a book for premiere elements 12 and auto analyzer never finishes so I can not continue can anyone give me some advise?

• 1. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
          A.T. Romano Level 7

twistedhornforge

You have posted in the Premiere Elements Forum.

What is your parent program - Premiere Elements 12 or Photoshop Elements 12? And, on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the AutoAnalyzer never finishing doing? What did you command it to do or what is it doing on its own spontaneously?

Classroom in a Book has a history of "troubled sample files" for which the publisher needs to be contacted. Are any Classroom in a Book lesson files involved in any of this problem.

We need more information from you to help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
            twistedhornforge Level 1

It has never finished once when I have tried and I have tried on my clips

as well as the book clips I have let it process as long as 15 minutes but

nothing. It is Premiere Elements 12 running on Windows 8.1 on an Asus

laptop. Thanks for your quick response I hope you can help.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 9:31 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
              A.T. Romano Level 7

twistedhornforge

Thanks for the follow up information about Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I still do need some clarification on what you mean by "never finished" with your own clips or clips from Classroom in a Book.

What book lesson are you on where you are running into this problem?

By "never finished" do you mean that you cannot close the Elements Organizer or are you in the process of downloading your camera's images to the Elements Organizer from your camera and/or a USB card reader with the camera's memory card? Or, are you trying to backup the Elements Organizer catelog? Lots of possibilities.

My typical problems with the Elements Organizer include Elements Organizer has got to close.

With the further details involved, we can focus in on your issue. The remedies might include:

a. Deleting the Elements Organizer settings file

and/or

b. Creating a new catalog

I will give you details on any of the above once I better understand "never finished".

Thanks. We will be looking forward to your reply.

ATR

• 4. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                twistedhornforge Level 1

Ok I am working on chapter 6. I just loaded a clip and cut it so any

operations would be on a small clip. Then I selected the clip clicked on

adjustments and applied auto smart tone a box comes up which says

autoanalyzer and below is a progress bar which says starting autoanalyzer

and nothing else happens. I have left it this way for 15 minutes before

finally canceling because I can't do anything else while it is in this

state. The same thing has happened for other adjustments effects when ever

autoanalyzer comes up.

It's like it is waiting for something but anything I click on just beeps

until I cancle the operation.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                  twistedhornforge Level 1

I just reread your response and I am not working in organizer I am directly

in premiere.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 6. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

twistedhornforge

Thank you. Your detailed account of your problem has defined greatly the problem.

I just loaded a clip and cut it so any

operations would be on a small clip. Then I selected the clip clicked on

adjustments and applied auto smart tone a box comes up which says

autoanalyzer and below is a progress bar which says starting autoanalyzer

and nothing else happens. I have left it this way for 15 minutes before

finally canceling because I can't do anything else while it is in this

state. The same thing has happened for other adjustments effects when ever

autoanalyzer comes up.

The AutoAnalzyer results can be dependent on source media as it attempts to give you automatically visually similar scenes.

Have you tested enough different sources of files to come to the observation that you have, that is,

The same thing has happened for other adjustments effects when ever autoanalyzer comes up.

Have you updated from 12 to 12.1 via the project's Help Menu/Update. If not, please do so.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/03/pe12-update-121-released.html

If the 12 to 12.1 Update has no impact on this AutoAnalzyer issue then let us explore resolution through deletion of the settings files.

1. Delete the Premiere Elements Editor/Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the whole path cited. Then determine if the problem is gone. If not, then

2. Delete the Elements Organizer psa.prf file.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer folder is the psa.prf file that you disable by renaming from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD or delete.

Then determine if the problem is gone. Again, make sure the Folder Option is set as mentioned above.

We will be watching for your results and now fully understand where you are in the program and what is happening and

not happening.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                      twistedhornforge Level 1

That worked. Thanks

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• 8. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

twistedhornforge

Thanks for the very great news that the AutoAnalyzer option is now working. Great job.

Was there one key in the suggested troubleshooting that you believe did the job or was it a combination of

all posted in post numbered 6?

If you have the time, that information would be useful to those who find themselves in a similar situation.

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                          twistedhornforge Level 1

The update did the job. 

Thanks again

Tom

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• 10. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom

Good information to have on the Premiere Elements 12.1 Update.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                              MG-laptop

Hi.

I have bought and installed the Premier Elements 12 and have with great frustration run into several problems, which I already find described in this forum and elsewhere.

I don't know how to solve the problems, since none of the advice mentioned seem to work for me.

Right now I'm most annoyed by these to problems;

1) Auto-Analyzer freezes/never finishes - as mentioned above

I have tried to rename the psa-file. It has been replaced automatically with a new psa-file, without fixing the problem.
                              I have tried to download the 12.1-version, but my software insists on being updated (with 12.0) and I'm not able to download version 12.1.

2) The Organizer keeps crashing

I have tried to rename the psa-file. It has been replaced automatically with a new psa-file. I hope this will do the trick.

I use a Lenovo T420, 32 bit, 4 GB Ram, 2.30 GHz, Windows 7 SP 1

Best regards,
                              Marianne

• 12. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                                MG-laptop Level 1

PS HaHa and sorry: I just noticed that the software has been updated to 12.1!

• 13. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

MG-laptop

I have found the Elements Organizer 12 to be more prone to "problems - such as need to shutdown" than the prior version.

My major troubleshooting weapons have been renaming of the psa.prf from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD and/or creating a new catalog. Apparently renaming or deleting the psa.prf file did not work for you in your situation. Have you tried creating a new catalog?

Another problem that I have noted recently is the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor shutting down when a .mp3 file is added to the

slideshow. The remedy for that has been consistently to convert the .mp3 file to a .wav one in iTunes.

Another issue that you are facing may be related to your computer operating system which you have described as

Lenovo T420, 32 bit, 4 GB Ram, 2.30 GHz, Windows 7 SP 1

Premiere Elements 12 is only a 32 bit application when it is run in Windows 7 32 bit and, as such, has the limitations of the 32 bit system, namely,

maximum supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3.2 to 3.0 or less of that are available. What does your computer have at this time for available RAM and free hard drive space?

I tried to find your prior thread that you said that you created here to describe your Premiere Elements problems. I could not find it. Did you tack on to someone else's thread or create your own at that time. Please direct me to your prior postings on this matter. I recall a thread asking about "never ending" which I questioned but I cannot find that thread at this moment.

Could you focus us in on the background details on "never ending" and any others that might help us give you a more current opinion of your current situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 14. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                                    MG-laptop Level 1

Hello ATR

THAT was a quick reply! Thank you so much!

> Have you tried creating a new catalog?

No, that I haven't tried - yet! But I will give it a chance.

> Another problem that I have noted recently is the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor shutting down when a .mp3 file is added to the

slideshow.

Thanks for the warning. So far I haven't added music/mp3-files.

> What does your computer have at this time for available RAM and free hard drive space?

RAM available = 3,42 GB

Free hard drive space = 66,4 GB

> I tried to find your prior thread that you said that you created here...

Oh, I didn't want to indicate that I had earlier created at thread. However I mentioned problems "I already find described in this forum and elsewhere". With this  I mean that I have read other peoples threads and the advice that they were given. The phrase 'never ending' don't occur in my message above :-)

I expect that the coming days will be busy, preventing me from playing/experimenting with Premiere. But as soon as possible I will create a new catalog for a start.

Best regards

• 15. Re: Auto analyzer in 12 never finishes help
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

MG-laptop

Thanks for the follow up.

Please let me know if you are OK with the details for creating a new Elements Organizer 12 catalog. Just in case note...you do not have to remove the current catalog. Just do not use it, and make the new catalog the current catalog. If you are OK with the details, you need not reply now.

We will be watching for your results when your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR