3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2007 2:10 AM by Ed_Syrett

Photo Slideshow

postaljohn20
      I am trying to make a slideshow component but am having no success. Sounds easy, but I can't figure it out. Does anyone already have a slideshow component of some sort to get me started they would be willing to share?

Thanks,

John
        • 1. Re: Photo Slideshow
          peterent Level 2
          Usually with a slide show you want to have a transition from one image to the next. So take 2 Image components make both invisible to start with and give them both Event.COMPLETE event handlers.

Load one image. When it's event handler completes it should make the other invisible and itself visible. You can at first just set the visible properties. Once you get them switching, use one of the effects like Fade or Dissolve.
          • 2. Re: Photo Slideshow
            postaljohn20 Level 1
            Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. What I failed to mention in the initial post is that it is grabbing the filenames from an XML. So what I have now is one image with the source dynamic {image.imageName}. And what I woud like is for a function to fade in image1, wait 10 seconds or so, fade out, fade in image2, etc.

Any ideas on where to start for that?

Thanks,

John
            • 3. Re: Photo Slideshow
              Ed_Syrett
              There is already a Photo Viewer sample app installed with Flex Builder.

Go to Help/Flex Start Page. In the center column click on "More installed samples>>" and Photo Viewer is the third one down.