• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Page Preloader

Explorer ,
May 01, 2007 May 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a legacy application that has been working fine with <cfflush> to act as a preloader for display a large amount of records. However, I am being forced to port this application (currently in frames) over to a new template that usese tables & nested tables. The portion of this new template that I can put my content is now buried within a nested table and from what I read, cfflush will not work with this since it won't display any information until that portion of the table is loaded. What can I do? I have tried a couple Javascript page preloaders, but they are not working. I was not the original developer of this code and really don't want to rewrite it. Any help would be much appreciated.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad you aren't still in frames, there is a real sneaky way of doing a preloader in Frames for this exact situation.

One way of doing this that is a bit clunky but with tables it may be your only way, is to put javascript at the bottom of the page that opens a 1px by 1px window. This window has the template that processes your query or whatever. When it is done it writes it out to the PARENT page (tables page) where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never done that before, but I will research it and try to make that work. At least it's a way of possibly making it work, so I appreciate the suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oh, where you want the output to go, put a div tag. Then you have a target to put it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation