Premiere ele 11 get splash screen then nothing

wishobd

Premiere Elements 11: Version 20120921.B275.435760

Dell Latitude E6430

Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.5GHz

RAM 8 GB

320 GB SCSI drive with 30% available

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit

I have been using APE 11 for over a year now with no difficulties.  Yesterday I installed a new Logitech kb/mouse and trackball and APE quit working.  It will start the splash screen then completely stops with no error message.

I watched task manager/processes and can see the APE process start and then it goes away as soon the splash screen disappears.

I uninstalled the Logitech drivers, rebooted and no change.

Next I deactivated and deleted APE and scanned with PCMatic, Malware, REGPRO, and Hit Man Pro. All are run from the local drive.  No problems out of the ordinary were found.

I rebooted the computer then downloaded a fresh copy of APE 11 from the Adobe website.

Installation was done with virus checker and firewall turned off.

I am still having the same problem.

Photo Elements and Lightroom both are working fine.

Anybody have a suggestion.  I have two client videos that I need to produce and more coming so I cannot afford to get behind.

Thanks

Dave

• 1. Re: Premiere ele 11 get splash screen then nothing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Let us cut to the standby deleting the Premiere Elements 11 Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 11.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users
          Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

When the splash screen (Welcome Screen) appears, do you see a progress bar with the features being loaded or nothing? If you do see this activities, on which feature does the loading activity stop?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...have you looked at the issue with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled? I know that you had them disabled during installation. A ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) may be indicated.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

• 2. Re: Premiere ele 11 get splash screen then nothing
            wishobd Level 1

Following your instructions I deleted the APE 11 prefs file and then tried APE and the software loaded without a hitch.  Thank you so much for your help

• 3. Re: Premiere ele 11 get splash screen then nothing
              A.T. Romano Level 7

wishobd

That was wonderful news. Good job on your troubleshooting follow through.

We are glad the suggestion worked for you and that you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification.

Best wishes.

ATR