4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2014 10:33 AM by Louey77

Lightroom - 0xc000007b - No "Solutions" work

Louey77

I have found many "solutions" that "fix" this error. However, none of them have worked for me.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to the close the application." Is the exact error I am getting.

I have Windows 8 64-bit, freshly installed RIGHT before this happened. Other than that, 8 GB ram, i7 quad-core @ 2.2 ghz. All drivers up to date. Before this, I had an error with mfc100u.dll , but got that fixed and now this one came up.

I have done the following solutions, and they all have not worked:

• Copied lightroom 5.3 from programs files from windows 7. It didn't work.
      • Freshly installed Lightroom 5.3, didn't work still.
      • Downloaded the Adobe .dll files. - msvcr100 - msvcr80 . That did not work. I put both in the lightroom folder (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3). I tried a combination of them as well.
      • I also downloaded all versions I could find for the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributal thing. Still didn't work.
      • I have restarted my computer multiple times.
      • All other applications (.exe) work fine. Even Premier Pro works completely fine, which it usually doesn't from a direct external hard drive copy.
      • All DirectX versions are up to date. Run games fine on DX11 (if this is related?)