I've just updated from Lightroom 5.4 to 5.5 (Mac 10.8.5), and now many images are marked with "Unexpected end-of-file occurred" after Developing them. Looking for help on what is causing this, and how I can fix it. LR 5.4 had been working quite happily immediately before updating to 5.5.
This usually indicates some form of disk corruption has occurred. I'd run a disk utility to check the drive.
Thanks very much for your reply. I ran a few disk checks on the drive and no problems were found. I've since fallen back to LR 5.4, and repeated the same edits to the same images on the same hardware configuration, without any problems. So it seems there's either a bug in 5.5, or maybe 5.5 has better error checking than previous versions. I'll stay on 5.4 for now.