2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2014 3:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Audio Missing From Clip

scoutjeanfinch Level 1

I posted a similar problem previously, so I'm sorry if I'm wasting anyone's time. I have a clip that when uploaded plays audio for  one minute and cuts out for the next four minutes as if there is no sound in the clip. It is true of the clip saved in the Elements Organizer as well, which was not true in my last post. Playing back the audio on the camcorder there is no problem whatsoever.

Thank you for any guidance.

Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 5.11.23 PM.png

• 1. Re: Audio Missing From Clip
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your previous message is at Audio Sub Buffer?

For this message, and every time you ask a new questions, the information you need to provide for someone to try and help

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements

•(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac"

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: Audio Missing From Clip
            A.T. Romano Level 7

scoutjeanfinch

Rather than going through the usual introductory drill, please let us point the readers to your prior April 2014 thread for background needed

Audio Sub Buffer?

Are you still getting the following error message?

Have you revisited the April 2014 thread to assure that you have read all the posts in it? I ask since you did not follow up there to update us on your progress.

And, please remind us, what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

It is never a waste of time to revisit Premiere Elements problems that remain unresolved.

Let us zero in on the specifics of now

I have a clip that when uploaded plays audio for  one minute and cuts out for the next four minutes as if there is no sound in the clip. It is true of the clip saved in the Elements Organizer as well, which was not true in my last post. Playing back the audio on the camcorder there is no problem whatsoever.

1. Please clarify "...clip that when uploaded". Do you mean after you import the clip into Premiere Elements and take it to the Timeline that there is no sound in the Timeline playback specifically in the Edit area monitor? If that is the case, are you getting playback of the video and audio when you double click the file in the project media area or on the Timeline and do the Preview Window playback? If this is correct, what happens if you export that Timeline content as is? Does it also have no sound when the export is played back in the appropriate computer player?

2. Please give the brand/model/settings for the camcorder that records this file. And, please give us a properties readout for this file...maybe starting with the GSpot readout for Audio Name, Codec, Status and Video Name, Codec, Status.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Let us continue to the above and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR