• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing ColdFusion 11 in Windows 8.1

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't no longer download the 30 days trial for CF 10, all I can see is CF 11 when I go to http://www.adobe.com/go/trycoldfusion/ It is OK for me to try CF 11, it is not a problem because I have not submitted a purchase request to my department. I have no difficulties installing CF 11 on my Windows 8, the problem is on how to configure CF to work with IIS or vice versa. I found some suggestion to modify IIS8 into IIS7, I did it but I still can't get it to work with CF11. Now I already have IIS 7 instead of 8 and I still can't open my website nor CF administrator. I got internal server error message 500. Is this because I have to install some CF hot fixes or something else? there are not too many tutorials out there with CF 10 or 111 and Windows 8 IIS. Is there any easy step by step instruction either from Adobe or someone who has successfully install CF10 or 11 and don't mind sharing it with me?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to launch the Web Server Configuration Tool (C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\runtime\bin) aka wsconfig.exe and then add the specific website/All websites (by choosing All)

NOTE : Before running the wsconfif.exe make sure that IIS websites are not configured with previous version of ColdFusion. If they are and you do not want them to run with CF 10 then you can configure them with CF 11 as mentioned above.

I will not at all advise you to do the same if you are on a production server. If it is a production server then perform the above during the maintenance window.

HTH

Thanks
VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation