5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2014 8:42 PM by larawanme

Why is it Adobe has gone bad ?

doc@52

After weeks of mucking around  - it looks as if I am after over 14 years of supporting Adobe  .... leaving Photoshop and Adobe ....

:O(

They say they support us  -- promise to call you back and fix your problems .... then leave you for weeks doing nothing!
      You call them back ... whats going on you ask .... you explain the issues again ...... they attempt to fix them  ...... nope no luck.

We will call you back tomorrow to fix it for you. .......

Again  ... no calls at all - you wait for days .... a week no calls ......

Yep this Cloud stuff works well guys - thanks for the frustration - you ask again via email for help  ..... third - fourth time  ... again do we have to try to get you to help ..... or at least do what you say you will ... call back ?

If you cant fix it .... if you cant even call us back when you say you will ..... why should we believe anything you say?

I know many users are ok with what you have done and many are using your cloud with limited or no issues.
      But the measure of a person / company is not what you can do when things are great - but how you support those with issues ... and in this case you have failed.

• 1. Re: Why is it Adobe has gone bad ?
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Yeah, ok, you aren't happy...we get that.

But this is a User to User Forum (not a direct line to Adobe).

So, do you want to simply rant or do you want help?

What App? What version? What OS? What are your issues?

You have cross-posted the exact same message in multiple forums...what you are doing won't actually help you...you know that right?

• 2. Re: Why is it Adobe has gone bad ?
            doc@52 Level 1

Thanks Jeff - you are right this is a support forum ... but guess what - this is when people pay attention ... not when it's behind closed doors - then it's easier to just ignore.

In any case what you say is certainly correct  - support forums =.

We finally got to moving over to the Cloud base of Photoshop.  ( CC PS )
            Installed cloud - installed CC PS - all good so far - then open Photoshop - it closed immediately.

Was Cloud open - Yes
            Tried rebooting - just in case.

Opened PS - splash screen - menus all going - it closed again.

Ok Check the net - yep its a known issue.

Close Cloud - open PS - Now it tells me I have a trial version.

Open up a chat version of help with Adobe - after a while - and several attempts to fix  I get told that I would be contacted the next day as it was beyond their area of help.

1 day - no call - 2,3,4 ...... ok I get it I'm not getting a call.

I call them.

Someone will help tomorrow.

Nope !

So I call back - now the guy on the phone was nice - he really did try to help - about half an hour to an hour later - no good he had to escalate it up the chain - I did tell him I had tried everything he did.

So .... we will call you back tomorrow with a new Tech. .... yeah you guessed it  .... no call 3 days later.

Really - c'mon!

In any case this is the issue - it wont start and stay active for me to use.
            We did finally get past the part where it thought it was a trial version ....... now it just wont start .......

So yeah Jeff I am pretty pissed off and have had a rant.

Still not fixed.

CS 5 Suite works fine  - and so does the Downloaded version of Lightroom.

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate
            32MB ram

Photoshop Opens and closes immediately.

"You have cross-posted the exact same message in multiple forums...what you are doing won't actually help you...you know that right?"

Was actually hoping someone else has gone down the road and found Adobe more helpful ......

I do appreciate your point of view.

• 3. Re: Why is it Adobe has gone bad ?
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

doc@52 wrote:

Installed cloud - installed CC PS - all good so far - then open Photoshop - it closed immediately.

Opened PS - splash screen - menus all going - it closed again.

In any case this is the issue - it wont start and stay active for me to use.

We did finally get past the part where it thought it was a trial version ....... now it just wont start .......

Photoshop Opens and closes immediately..

So it's not even a Lightroom problem?

Photoshop forum is here: Photoshop General Discussion

CC forum is here: Adobe Creative Cloud

• 4. Re: Why is it Adobe has gone bad ?
                doc@52 Level 1

Thanks Keith for the link - you are correct it is not a lightroom problem.

My frustration has come to the forefront and I have not been thinking as clearly as I should have.

I will do better at explanation in the correct area.

..... or get lit up by someone whom does not understand the frustration this can really cause.

Again thank you for the helpful advice.

And the link.

Doc

• 5. Re: Why is it Adobe has gone bad ?
                  larawanme

Someone forgot to tell you that business care about your payment, not you?