No playback after a few mins of editing. Tried most of the potion in the adobe troubleshooting section (http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/troubleshoot-digital-video-playback-premiere-2 .html) but never got anywhere. Most options listed are for Windows. I have an almost new Mac with all the system requirement to run Elements 12 . HELP, PLEASE
I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but I do try to find common ground between Premiere Elements 12 Windows and Mac as a first pass at troubleshooting issues like the one your present.
1. What are the properties and duration of your source media?
Interlaced or Progressive
Pixel Aspect Ratio
Brand/Model/Settings for Camera which recorded the video would help.
2. What did you or the program set as the project preset based on a match of project preset with properties of the source media?
3. What have you done in the way of edits after which you have problems? What is the duration of the TImeline at that point? Is this a multi track project?
Please explain "playback stops"
a. The TImeline Indicator will not move from the start of the Timeline when you press Play in the Edit area monitor?
b. Playback stops after playing back about few seconds of the Timeline content
Do you have the Work Area Bar gray tabs set to span the whole content of the Timeline?
When you are playing back your Timeline in the Edit area monitor, does your Timeline content have an orange, green, or no colored line
over its duration?
4. Are you running a dual or single computer monitor setup? If you right click the Edit area monitor and select Playback Quality is there any
difference in the problem whether you set for Highest instead of Automatic?
5. For this type of video and this type of project, would you class this problem as
"it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before".