4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2014 4:40 PM by Kentfry RSS

Audition CC 2014 Exporting Sequence to Wrong Version of Prem Pro

Borgie78

I have Prem Pro CC 2014 and Audition CC 2014.

When I migrated to CC recently from Prem Pro CS6 and needed information regarding the operation of Encore, I was advised by an Adobe expert in Chat Room to keep CS6 installed as otherwise I would be inviting problems. So I did.

Now, when I send a sequence from Prem Pro CC to Audition and then export the sequence back to Prem Pro, Auditon starts Prem Pro CS6 and sends the sequence to it instead of to my running CC.

Is there a solution to this problem? At this stage, keeping a good working relationship with Encore is important to me and would not like to introduce problems if I uninstall CS6.

Thanks in advance

Paul

• 1. Re: Audition CC 2014 Exporting Sequence to Wrong Version of Prem Pro
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

Did you install CS6 after installing CC?  You don't mention whether this is on Windows or Mac, as the method of determining which application to use is slightly different.  On Mac, the OS reports the most recently installed version of an application as the default application for supported file formats.  On Windows, there is a registry key that is set during installation.

My first suggestion would be to just reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2014 as that should update the file associations and will likely solve the problem.

On Windows, you may be able to view and modify the registry entry, if you're comfortable making changes (and if you're not, please don't as it can cause Windows to fail if done incorrectly.)

First, find the registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.prproj and note it's value.  Then find HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/<the other value>/shell/open/command and make sure the path to the correct version of Premiere Pro is entered here.  (It will probably be pointing to the CS6 release.  You'll need to adjust the path and filename to match Premiere Pro CC 2014.)

• 2. Re: Audition CC 2014 Exporting Sequence to Wrong Version of Prem Pro
            Borgie78 Community Member

I installed CC after CS6. In fact, I left CS6 installed and then

installed CC. Then I installed CC 2014 and uninstalled CC.

I am running on Windows 7 Ult version.

I am quite familiar with the Windows registry and have been using

RegEdit since Win95. I will try to follow your instructions on modifying

the registry. If this does not work, I will do the uninstall/install of

CC 2014 as suggested.

Will keep you informed and thanks for your help.

Paul

• 3. Re: Audition CC 2014 Exporting Sequence to Wrong Version of Prem Pro
              Borgie78 Community Member

Have modified the registry as per instructions and all working fine now.

Thank you for the help.

Paul

• 4. Re: Audition CC 2014 Exporting Sequence to Wrong Version of Prem Pro
                Kentfry

Export from Audition 2014 to PrPro 2014 is greyed out.

There is no HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.prproj in my registry (Win8.1).  Is that the problem?