11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2014 8:02 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?

fisherbrewer

When burning a DVD the process stops with the error statement ... internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner\CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331.  How do I address the error so I can burn a DVD of my slide shows?

• 1. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

fisherbrewer

For background information, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Be that as it may, the cause of those Vobulator errors is 99.9999999% of the time due to the placement of a stop marker at the end of

the last item on the Timeline. The stop marker in that position is not needed and causes many problems including that error message.

Please remove the stop marker from that position.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...What are you burning DVD Video on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc?

• 2. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
            fisherbrewer Level 1

I'm using Premier Elements 12 and Windows 7.  I'll remove the stop marker at

the end of the timeline.

Thank you,

fisherbrewer

• 3. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

fisherbrewer

Thanks for the follow up.

Please let us know the outcome. As I said, 99.9999999% sure the suggestion will work for you. But, in troubleshooting, I take nothing for

granted.

Looking forward to your results when your schedule permits.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
                fisherbrewer Level 1

I removed the atop marker at the end of the timeline.  The first

part of the burn went to 100%. Then when the second phase started (1 of 3

discs to be burned) the same error message appeared and the process stopped.

Again using Premier Elements 14 and Windows7.

fisherbrewer

Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 12:55 PM

To: Lawrence Beyer

Subject:  How do I fix an "internal software

error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?

How do I fix an "internal software

error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in

Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/6549349#6549349>

• 5. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

fisherbrewer

Thanks for the reply.

There is no Premiere Elements 14. The latest version is 12 which now has a 12.1 Update. So I think the 14 is a typing error.

Please confirm what you are currently doing.

It sounds like your are probably doing a burn to DVD VIDEO on DVD disc and have instructed the program to make copies (3). Is that correct?

If so, at this time, you should have 1 completed successful DVD VIDEO on DVD disc since you wrote

The first part of the burn went to 100%.

What makes me wonder about my interpretation is the next part where you report

Then when the second phase started (1 of 3discs to be burned)

If you had a 100% burn to disc, then the message should have said 2 of 3 discs to be burned, not 1 of 3 disc.

If all that is correct, I would like you to take your inspected Timeline again to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc and make 1 copy. Does that go to

completion with no error message?

If you do have the first DVD VIDEO on DVD disc, you can use the software that came with your burner to make exact copies of this DVD.

But, my subsequent suggestions will depend on clarification of the above.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
                    fisherbrewer Level 1

The first cycle is the conversion  to .wmv  which went to 100%.  The second

cycle is actually burning the DVD.  At the beginning of the second cycle the

1 of 3 discs statement came up and then the error statement presented

itself. No burning of the disk occurred.  I did make a typo .  Premiere

Elements 12 not 14 and Windows 7 . both upgraded to the latest version.  I

am trying to make a DVD of six slide shows that I created in Elements 12.

The preview of the DVD went well with the "Travel" and "Scenes" menu . I

used photos from the trip for background.  Some of the photos have

descriptive text added to them and each slide show has different music.

fisherbrewer

• 7. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

fisherbrewer

Thanks for the reply with additional details.

Just some clarification to make sure that I am not losing any details in my interpretation of your issue. I am trying to reconcile your wmv and the cycles

with your workflow. The following is what I suspect may be your workflow in order to get a wmv file in the scenario. Please confirm or correct.

1. Are you creating your slideshows in the Elements Organizer 12 and then using the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor Output option "Burn to disc" to get your Elements Organizer into Premiere Elements 12's Disc Menus section?

2. If I am correct so far, how many scene markers and stop markers did you place on the Expert workspace Timeline content? Did you leave enough space between them so that they are not sitting on one another? If you have stop markers still in the Timeline (but not at the end), is there enough spacing between scene markers and stop markers so that they are not attempting to occupy the same spot at the same time? If you have moved any of the scene buttons around, do you seen any red bounding boxes around the button content in the Movie Menu customization area of the program?

3. Miscellaneous. When you are in the burn dialog, just before you hit Burn, what does the Quality Area of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate?

The typical sequence in the burn to disc is

Encoding Menus 1 of 2, 2 or 2....

Encoding Media

Compiling Media

Burn

At which spot do you get the error message?

Depending on your answers, this is what I would like you to do for troubleshooting purposes...

1. When you get to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc and have selected your preset...select burn to: Folder (4.7 GB). Does that go to completion whereas the burn to disc did not?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 8. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
                        fisherbrewer Level 1

1.       Yes

2.       A. 6 Scenes

B. 5 Stops (removed stop at end of timeline)

C. Spacing was touching between Stops and Scenes.  Increased spacing by at

least thickness of the marker button.

D. No red bounding boxes around the buttons.

3.       Space Required: 2.29 GB (Bitrate 8:00 Mbps)

After redoing the spacing I redid the burn process:

Burn in Process . 0 > 100% . Encoding Media

Before spacing changes the error code happened after the burn to disc

initiated.

After the spacing changes the "Burn in Progress" happened, 0 >  100%.  My

show with Main Menu and Scene Menu burned with no errors.

Thank you,

fisherbrewer

• 9. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

fisherbrewer

Thanks for the reply and what sounds like very good news. Good job working through the troubleshooting.

I was not able to reply sooner, I had problems with the Adobe Forums Sign In. Not sure if the problem was on my side or the Adobe Forums side, but all is OK at the moment.

Are all the Premiere Elements workflow problems resolved? Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification. I am glad

for the opportunity to assist you in moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: How do I fix an "internal software error:.\Vobulator\TitlePlanner|CVOBUPlanner.cpp,line331" ?
                            fisherbrewer Level 1

Thanks again for your patience and help.  Everything seems to be working

smoothly.

fisherbrewer