6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 8:56 AM by mikem2014

User Interface Settings

mikem2014

OK just a simple question. I inadvertently changed the UI settings so the icons/tool/font etc are all much bigger. How do I find the options to change this setting back?

Photoshop CC 204

Mike M

• 1. Re: User Interface Settings
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Assuming you know that the settings are in Preferences - Experimental Features, I'm guessing you are having trouble operating the dialog to make the change back.

You can try using keystrokes...

• After entering the dialog, the key sequence Tab Tab Space will change the value of the 200% setting.
          • Then Tab Tab Tab Return will commit the changes.

Close Photoshop and restart it after that.

The other alternative, if the above doesn't work, is to reset all of Photoshop's preferences to defaults:  Press and hold Control - Shift - Alt simultaneously (or Command - Shift - Option if on a Mac) immediately upon cold-starting Photoshop. If you get the keys down quickly enough - and you have to be really quick - it will prompt you to confirm deletion of your current preferences, which will lead to the establishment of a fresh default set. If it does not prompt you, you haven't been quick enough to get the keys down.

-Noel

• 2. Re: User Interface Settings
            mikem2014 Level 1

On the phone with support and I think I need to add some more info. ONLY photoshop has this bigger aspect ratio.......not Illustrator, microsoft word, chrome or any other computer program.....JUST photoshop. If we change screen resolution through windows that changes EVERYTHING not photoshop specifically.

Mike M

• 3. Re: User Interface Settings
              Noel Carboni Level 8

The answer is right above.  The Preferences menu I describe is inside Photoshop.

-Noel

• 4. Re: User Interface Settings
                mikem2014 Level 1

Thanks Noel, that worked. I was hoping, since it was easy for me to screw this up, that an equally easy solution was available to fix it. But this works and doesn't look like getting all the customized settings back isn't going to be that big a deal.

Thanks again

Mike M

• 5. Re: User Interface Settings
                  Noel Carboni Level 8

Did you read my message thoroughly?  I did propose a solution that wouldn't trash your preferences first, before the "nuclear option".

-Noel

• 6. Re: User Interface Settings
                    mikem2014 Level 1

Sorry Noel, but I was typing reply number 2 at the time you were replying originally so I didn't see your informative answer right away. I had support on the phone at the same time as well and once we got the tech support person to stop trying to change the screen resolution she came up with the "nuclear option" that we tried before I got back to you here.

Again thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Mike M