2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2014 3:40 AM by rostizna

Lightroom 5 with Canon in Pack and Nikon DSLR

rostizna

Good day. I would like to ask you whether Lightroom 5 supplied with Canon DSLR is fully functional without restrictions and whether that supports Nikon cameras. Or it is blocked only for Canon DSLR and Nikon DSLR not supported. I have the opportunity to purchase this version, but own Nikon D300. Sorry for my English :-) Thank you very much Rosta A.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5 with Canon in Pack and Nikon DSLR
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean someone is offering to sell you a disc that was bundled with their camera?

I doubt LR, itself, is crippled, but there could be some restriction for licensing or some hoops to jump through to get the serial number, which might only work if you have the camera’s sales receipt or know other details about the purchase.

There may also be fine print that says only the person who purchased the camera can use the LR serial number.  I don’t know how Adobe would enforce that restriction, but maybe they have some way, especially if this LR version is for a camera purchase in a different country.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5 with Canon in Pack and Nikon DSLR
            rostizna Level 1

This is my opinion on this. I'd rather buy the official version without risk constraints. Thank you for your response and have a nice day R. A.