6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 3:58 AM by szpulka

Maximum File Size? How can I stop a "Send" in progress?

mosaicriver

What is the Maximum File size you can send?

(Can't find it indicated anywhere on the Adobe site. Just says "large" files. I hope Adobe's definition of Large matches my needs.)

Is there a way to stop the process of a "send" ?

I am in the middle of sending a large zipped file to an email address (around 6GB, note: apparently JPEG's don't actually get smaller when you compress them) and it's taking a long time. I'd like to stop this and send a smaller zipped file first, but the "Cancel" button did not stop the process. Anyone know?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Maximum File Size? How can I stop a "Send" in progress?
          MarieHill

I would love to know the max file size. I'm crashing all day trying to send files and frustrated as well. I think you can just click on the X in the status bar to quit an upload. Or just close the browser window if that doesn't work.

• 2. Re: Maximum File Size? How can I stop a "Send" in progress?
            MarieHill Level 1

BTW, no X next to the status. Trying to upload (again!!) now. But just close the window would kill it I'm sure. If it doesn't just crash on it's own (but I always crash RIGHT before it get's to 100%).

• 3. Re: Maximum File Size? How can I stop a "Send" in progress?
              Rebecca Staley Adobe Employee

Hi mariehill,

[Mosaicriver, I believe I saw that your questions were answered by Bob on a separate thread; let me know if you need any further assistance.]

At the moment, the Adobe Send team is working hard to improve the service's functionality with very large files. Mariehill, how large is the file you're trying to send? You may also want to check your upload speed, as that could affect the success of the sending process. If you continue to have trouble, we recommend trying the following:

1. First, try uploading the file you'd like to share to your Acrobat.com file storage, and then sharing the file from there. Let me know if you need more detailed info on how to do that.

2. If you've got a subscription to Adobe Send, you can also use the old SendNow service for the time being; the two products will coexist for a while longer until SendNow is retired later this year.

We apologize for any inconvenience; we'll post to this forum when we have updates from the team about changes and improvements to the Adobe Send service. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Best,

Rebecca

• 4. Re: Maximum File Size? How can I stop a "Send" in progress?
                MarieHill Level 1

Thank you!

To be honest I’m not sure who I’m subscribed to since the names are so similar. It’s been about a year, so I assume SendNow is the name.

The speed was just fine, checked that out.

Files were around 450MS and 750MBs in separate uploads. I separated the folders and made them around 250 and 450MBs into four uploads very late last night and they finally went thru. Just lost a bunch of freelance work time yesterday and the worst thing was I was frustrated and the kids… hope it improves soon! I am sure you feel the same way.

Marie

• 5. Re: Maximum File Size? How can I stop a "Send" in progress?
                  Rebecca Staley Adobe Employee

I hear you, and again, I apologize for the inconvenience and for adding to your frustration! That said, I'm glad you figured it out. As a rule, if you can break up the files from one transaction into a few batches, Adobe Send does better in that circumstance. We're working on getting Adobe Send to do a better job with the bigger files, so we have reason to believe that it'll improve shortly! In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and compassion.

Thanks again and have a good day,

Rebecca

• 6. Re: Maximum File Size? How can I stop a "Send" in progress?
                    szpulka

C'est lamentable. Adobe Send Now fonctionnait parfaitement.

Avec cette nouvelle formule, j'ai l'impression de revenir à l'âge de pierre.

Adobe en régression totale, c'est nullissime de votre part.

Honte à vous.