2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2007 2:04 AM by Ed_Syrett

Deploying Flex Application

thedex1
      Hi,

How are all of you? Many thanks for past answers. Wel thanks God, I have completed my first application. Now I just want to know how to deploy it on my remote server. I try to copy the "bin" folder and run the application but it gave me error. I also try to copy the whole project folder to my remote server. Nothing works. It keeps giving the following error:

Error #2148: SWF file file:///C|/phpdev/www/healthinn/MyFirstProject.swf cannot access local resource file:///C|/phpdev/www/healthinn/Data/headerAnimData.xml. Only local-with-filesystem and trusted local SWF files may access local resources.

Although the error definition is too long. But I think that the above given error is enough. If you need further information, pleae let me know. But kindly help me with this. I badly need it.

I shall be very thankful to you.

Best Regards
      ..::DW
        • 1. Re: Deploying Flex Application
          socko456John
          Error #2148: SWF file file:///C|/phpdev/www/healthinn/MyFirstProject.swf cannot access local resource file:///C|/phpdev/www/healthinn/Data/headerAnimData.xml. Only local-with-filesystem and trusted local SWF files may access local resources.

Check your remote path? is it the same as the local?
          • 2. Re: Deploying Flex Application
            Ed_Syrett Level 1
            You should be accessing your main swf (MyfirstProject.swf) via Http, i.e.

http://localhost/healthinn/MyFirstProject.html

BTW if you reference the html file generated by Flex Builder you get the checks for a valid installation of Flash for free....

The directory on your web server that your URL points to (e.g. healthinn) should contain the contents of your bin directory from your flex project.

Finally, any URLs in your project should assume that you are running from the directory where you copied the main swf. For example, you could put your xml file in a subdirectory called data, in which case your URL to get your xml file would be just "/Data/headerAnimData.xml"