4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 9:19 PM by DdeGannes

Is Lightroom 5.5 compatible with Elements 8?

kapaas

After reading various  posting on the difference between Lightroom and PSE, I am thinking about getting light room.  However,  for those occasional layer  edits  etc I would like to be able to use Elements 8 , if pictures can flow between them.  Please advise. If not, is the latest Elements compatible with Elements 8 so I don't lose what I already have done in that. Thanks,

• 1. Re: Is Lightroom 5.5 compatible with Elements 8?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Photoshop Elements 8 is compatible and can be used with the latest Lightroom. However, Lightroom 5 will have raw features that the Camera Raw version in Elements 8 will not recognize. All is not lost, however. You can instruct Lightroom to create a PSD or TIF image that includes all of your Lightroom adjustments, and send that file to Lightroom. It's really no different than using Lightroom with another non-Adobe editing software. If you want full compatibility that will interpret all adjustments made in Lightroom then you will want to upgrade to the latest version of Photoshop Elements. It should be fully compatible with anything you have done in Photoshop Elements 8.

• 2. Re: Is Lightroom 5.5 compatible with Elements 8?
            DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

To expand on what Jim has stated Lightroom 5.5 has built-in the equivalent of ACR 8.5 for the processing of raw files from supported cameras. The latest ACR plug-in that is supported by PS Elements 8 is ACR 6.2 which was released on Aug 30th 2010 (the equivalent of LR 3.2). The processing of raw files from cameras released from that date or a littler earlier will not be supported in PS Elements 8.

However you can use Lightroom 5.5 to do the initial processing of your raw/ and jpeg files and send these via the "edit in" feature from Lightroom to PS Elements for further advanced processing e.g Layers which is not available in Lightroom.

• 3. Re: Is Lightroom 5.5 compatible with Elements 8?
              kapaas Level 1

Thank you for the quick reply.  One final questions. Does  Light Box support the Olympus om d e M1?  Jill

• 4. Re: Is Lightroom 5.5 compatible with Elements 8?
                DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

If you mean Lightroom 5.5, yes it does.