8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2014 8:45 AM by gener7

Photoshop CS3

roseypictures

Is it possible to transfer Photoshop CS3 from my power book OS 10.4 into my new iMac 21"5 intelcore i5 2.9 Ghz 8Go-1 To - Nvidia Geforce GT 750

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS3
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

You can install it on your new mac, not transfer it.

(if you not planning on using cs3 on 10.4, then deactivate photoshop,cs3 by going to the Help menu in photoshop cs3)

(your allowed to install cs3 on two of your own computers)

In case you don't have your install dvd or have a dvd player:

Download CS3 products

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS3
            roseypictures Level 1

Hello, and thank you for your reply, this is very good news. I've not given my new Mac the same user ID or log-in as I am now re-married and live under a different name. How will Adobe know it is me?

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS3
              Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

I'd just install photoshop cs3,  try your serial and see if photoshop cs3 activates.

You don't need to register photoshop cs3, just activate it.

(registration is optional)

• 4. Re: Photoshop CS3
                gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure since I have always purchased directly from Adobe, but registration should then place your serial number under My Products in your Adobe profile.

Very handy if you lose track of your serial number. Too many have come into the forums asking what to do when the box that had the number is misplaced or lost.

• 5. Re: Photoshop CS3
                  roseypictures Level 1

I have inserted the CS3 CD and entered the serial number. This is as far as I've reached. [first I had to purchase the superdrive for the CD tho'] Now it is asking me for the serial number for CS2. I have CS2 on my external hard drive but it is not compatible with my new Mac so I can't open it. If I could I am not sure that the software would have it's serial number on it anywhere? I have moved house and have no idea where the original CD is. This doesn't seem fair as I have purchased the CS3, I have the serial number and should be allowed to continue to use it. Hmph!

• 6. Re: Photoshop CS3

You can. If you cannot find the qualifying version, there is a challenge code system that will unlock your CS3 serial number.

Call customer support. The key word is challenge code. It may take a few calls, not everyone knows this.

Error "This serial number is not for a qualifying product" | CS6, CS5.5, CS5

• 7. Re: Photoshop CS3
                      roseypictures Level 1

Is there a phone number for customer support. Everything appears to direct one to online support. Also I am not sure what you mean by the key word is Challenge. Is the key word challenge?. do I have to enter this word as a code anywhere? Or do I have to keep challenging them?

• 8. Re: Photoshop CS3

Customer Care

800-833-6687

Monday—Friday, 5am—7pm PT

In the above document I linked you to, read this section. It fully explains the "challenge code"

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 8.36.40 AM.png