I'm currently working on a (more-or-less) booklet that's meant to have a removable center insert. There are a total of six pages, 8.5x11, set up in InDesign.What I'm trying to do is have one tabloid sized sheet printed double sided, folded vertically in half, with a double sided letter sized sheet that isn't bound to the rest of the booklet, so it can be removed. The third and fourth pages are meant to be the center insert.
Any insight as to how to set this up to be printed?
What I understood from your post:
- You want to print only six pages in a booklet form to a target Tabloid size paper
- 2 pages are inserts (pages 3&4)
Please try this:
1. File > Print Booklet > click Print Settings > select Setup tab
2. Select Paper Size > Tabloid and select Orientation > Landscape (the second button)
3. Click OK to go back to the Print Booklet dialog
4. Select Range and type > 1-2,5-6 (i.e, all the pages except center insert)
5. Click on Preview and confirm if the page sequences are correct (6,1, and reverse 2,5)
6. Print this lot and then print the insert pages separately on Letter size paper