• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will my .book files implode if I move and rename .fm files?

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have directory A with BookA.book and 25 .fm files in the book.

I have directory B with BookB.book and 25 .fm files in the book.

The weird thing is that BookA.book points to a few files in directory B, and BookB.book points to a few files in directory A.

The two books are related,and possibly/probably should reside in one folder with BookA.book and BookB.book in the one folder.

Rather than using Windows to move the files from directory B to A, which would kill the bookfiles and the Xrefs, etc., I understand that I can go the BookA.book and rename/move certain files from directory B into Directory A. But I afraid that would destroy BookB.book and it's cross references -- BookB.book would find that some of its .fm files are missing and will throw up on me before I ever get a chance to open BookB.book and rename/move the files.

How can I get these two books into one folder?

I'm new at this, .... is it as bad as I think?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FM just looks at the .fm file names when building any cross-refs. For book to book cross-refs, all you need to do is to have both book files open and FM will sort things out.

Sometimes it's just easier to build a new book in the correct location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines