10 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2007 6:09 AM by Anthony Duncan

Fireworks CS3 won't install

michae180 Level 1
      I can't get my new copy of Fireworks CS3 to install on my Mac Pro. I've tried three times, and I get the same message, that it has not installed Fireworks CS3.

Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Fireworks CS3 won't install
          Level 1
          You need to do a complete uninstall of Fw CS3, since it is already in your hard drive. You need to have a clean script to address this issue.

If problem remain, contact Adobe tech support. Look up on top of your browser if you roll your browser to the top of site, and notice the term "Contact", then click on that.
          • 2. Re: Fireworks CS3 won't install
            Level 1
            Also, I realize that I fail to mention one other thing. Did you install any of other CS3 applications as beta in the past? Photoshop CS3 public beta test? Lightroom beta?

Hope that helps, no?

Cheers, Brian
            • 3. Fireworks CS3 won't install
              Level 1
              Michael180,

The thing is that in the past, all you have t do is drag application to the trash as in easy step 1, 2, 3.

In the case of Fw CS3, or any other CS3 application, you *cannot* drag the application to the trash. It is a big "no no" procedure.

To illustrate the further information to suppor this case, please read the Adobe TechNote: ReadMe for Macintosh platform. Then look for "uninstall your software" to address your problem. There is late-breaking information and known issue, please read on that one too. That might be of a possible remedy to address your problem.

If that fails to remedy to your problem, then contact Adobe tech support.

Please bear that in your mind, it is very important that you *read* all instructions prior to installation. Failed to do so, you run into problems or not able to troubleshoot the problem.

Hope that helps this time, still no?

Cheers, Brian
              quote:

Originally posted by: michae180
              I can't get my new copy of Fireworks CS3 to install on my Mac Pro. I've tried three times, and I get the same message, that it has not installed Fireworks CS3.

Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks
              • 4. Re: Fireworks CS3 won't install
                michae180 Level 1
                Hi Brian,

Yes I did have the Beta stuff for a while, but found it unusable, and deleted it. I did as the procedure directed, and got rid of everything.

As far as this install goes, I removed it through the uninstall portion of the install disk, after the first install failed. it installs the Shared Components only.

The instructions I got with the software is very basic. It has nothing on troubleshooting. I got it through Amazon, but I can't believe that's the problem.

Thanks,
                Michael
                • 5. Re: Fireworks CS3 won't install
                  michae180 Level 1
                  Well it just downed on me that I may have ordered the upgrade! As I was looking at the Adobe site I discovered a $150 difference in price I paid from Amazon? But nowhere on the package does it say "upgrade". Oh well, you live and learn.

Thanks for all your help.
                  Michael
                  • 6. Re: Fireworks CS3 won't install
                    Level 1
                    Hi Michael,

I see about your situation with your past involvement with beta. In that "ReadMe for Macintosh platform", dig further about beta test... I believe that there is mostly indepth information on how to remove all of those component files created in the past beta.

However, if you experience ongoing problems, best if you contact Adobe tech support to address this issue, though.

Cheers, Brian

quote:

Hi Brian,

Yes I did have the Beta stuff for a while, but found it unusable, and deleted it. I did as the procedure directed, and got rid of everything.

As far as this install goes, I removed it through the uninstall portion of the install disk, after the first install failed. it installs the Shared Components only.

The instructions I got with the software is very basic. It has nothing on troubleshooting. I got it through Amazon, but I can't believe that's the problem.

Thanks,
                    Michael

• 7. Re: Fireworks CS3 won't install
                      Level 1
                      Well, that explains the nature of problem.

It is best if you purchase either boxed package or downloaded softwares directly from Adobe online store, or authorized reseller of Adobe products. Other than that, I don't trust certain online ecommerce like Amazon and few others. That is why I had mentioned that you need to really "read" the information on whatever information.

With your situation with Amazon, I will not consider Amazon for my future purchase. Actually earlier today, I looked at Amazon for Nikon dSLR D200 camera. I don't think i can really trust Amazon.

Cheers, Brian

quote:

Well it just downed on me that I may have ordered the upgrade! As I was looking at the Adobe site I discovered a $150 difference in price I paid from Amazon? But nowhere on the package does it say "upgrade". Oh well, you live and learn.

Thanks for all your help.
                      Michael

• 8. Re: Fireworks CS3 won't install
                        michae180 Level 1
                        Amazon's okay. I think they get their camera equipment from Adorama or one of the NY houses. I bought some nice Canon Lens's through them, maybe I just got lucky. The D200 is a great camera.

Anyway, I called them and they are going to refund my money, and send a return envelope. I think that's pretty good. I got the CS3 Design suite, but I have to get a stand alone Fireworks. I'll do as you suggest and download it from Adobe.

Nice talking with you and thanks so much for your help.

Michael
                        • 9. Re: Fireworks CS3 won't install
                          Level 1
                          Hi Michael,

Well, I am glad that I could be of help. I also am glad that you got your issue resolved with Amazon.

Perhaps that you got lucky at Amazon. As for Nikon D200, I also look at Canon, but I am more of toward to Nikon for obvious reasons. Canon is a good camera and brand name. So is Nikon is a good camera. I have conducted some indepth research about Canon and Nikon for quite a bit. I am pretty close to make a final decision on Nikon D200.

Anyway, before you go ahead installing CS3 Design Premium and Fw CS3 standalone app, be sure to do a complete, thorough clean uninstallation. I don't know about that "upgraded" CS3 problem you had on your machine. If I were you, I would probably feel better or think that you want to contat Adobe tech support first before go ahead installing CS3 Design Premium. Since I don't know what to expect of & on how to uninstall 'wrong' type of software you had on your machine. So, you might want to double check with tech support just to make sure.

If problem, let us know, or you can private message me if you wish. I have the same kind of CS3 package as in Design Premium and Fw CS3 as standalone. I use InDesign (since 2.0 to CS2) for some years now.

quote:

Amazon's okay. I think they get their camera equipment from Adorama or one of the NY houses. I bought some nice Canon Lens's through them, maybe I just got lucky. The D200 is a great camera.

Anyway, I called them and they are going to refund my money, and send a return envelope. I think that's pretty good. I got the CS3 Design suite, but I have to get a stand alone Fireworks. I'll do as you suggest and download it from Adobe.

Nice talking with you and thanks so much for your help.

Michael

• 10. Re: Fireworks CS3 won't install
                            Anthony Duncan
                            I'm having trouble installing as well. I downloaded the trial version from the Adobe site and it installs the shared components, but not Fireworks.