3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2014 3:33 PM by A.T. Romano

exporting edited clips on timeline individually

smasud1

I am using Premiere Elements 11 on a windows 8 software.

I am trying to split up a large, 2 hour video, into smaller, shorter clips.

What I have been doing is importing the entire video into premiere, then cutting out all the parts I don't need, and exporting a small chunk of the video so that I can organize in separate albums. Then, I re-import the original video, cut out most of it to separate a different clip, and then export another small chunk.(and again and again) This is a very tedious process and I am sure there has to be a way to more easily/efficiently export clips individually after seperating them on the timeline?

Thanks

• 1. Re: exporting edited clips on timeline individually
          A.T. Romano Level 7

smasud1

Premiere Elements 11 Windows 8 64 bit

Please review the suggested workflow in the following blog post which goes into the details of trimming clips  from a large video in the Preview Window and then gathering, assembling, and managing them.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe11-project-assets-organization-for.html

If any questions or need clarification on anything written, please do not hesitate to ask.

We will be looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: exporting edited clips on timeline individually
            smasud1 Level 1

Hello.

When I try to drag the selected scene to the project assets, nothing

happens. I am really frustrated with this program, I use the set in and set

out tools and highlight the scene but dragging it does absolutely nothing.

is there another way to get this done?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 3:41 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: exporting edited clips on timeline individually
              A.T. Romano Level 7

smasud1

Please give this another look. It is the basis for how trimming and the Preview Windows work.

Are you following the details step by step. Put that aside for the moment.

1. You have large video in Expert workspace Project Assets. You double click the file's thumbnail to open the video in the Preview Window.

Is that happening?

2. You use the Set In and Set Out to trim (split out) a clip. OK, so far?

3. You want to put that trim on the Timeline. You click the trim in the Preview Window and drag it to the Timeline. Does that work?

4. If so, next you want to make a copy of the trim for the Project Assets. There are two views for the Project Assets - Grid and List.

If you are in the Grid view, then you hold down the Ctrl key and click and drag from the Preview Window into Project Assets.

If you are in the List view, you just click and drag from the Preview Window into Project Assets.

ProjectAssets-1.jpg

The screenshot above represents the List view and a click//drag from the Preview Window to Project Assets.

Note you can control the view by going to Project Assets Panel Option (see arrow), selecting View and then either Grid view

or List view.

Please let me know if you did OK with the above.

Thank you.

ATR